Magnectic plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windy2484

Hi all hope a good xmas was had by everyone....I've a couple of bags of thistle magnectic plaster for sale, much rather someone on the forum use it....open to sensible offers and I'm based in nottingham so ideally it needs to be picked up....

cheers!!

Cancelled job, it doesn't owe me that much so I'd rather let someone in here have it cheap!
Least I can do after all the info I've gained from this site....

Like everyone else at first glance i thought it looked ridiculously overpriced. But when you've used it in the right situation and for the right job, the customers are delighted with it - they think it's magic :RpS_thumbup:

The other thing is when you compare it the other options on the market eg magnectic paint then it doesn't work out as expensive as it first looks and as I said above, it works, unlike the paint which I'm told is very hit and miss.

To to answer your question Danny, as long as you follow the instructions and don't try to put a shine on it you'll be fine.

Cheers.

Like everyone else at first glance i thought it looked ridiculously overpriced. But when you've used it in the right situation and for the right job, the customers are delighted with it - they think it's magic :RpS_thumbup:

The other thing is when you compare it the other options on the market eg magnectic paint then it doesn't work out as expensive as it first looks and as I said above, it works, unlike the paint which I'm told is very hit and miss.

To to answer your question Danny, as long as you follow the instructions and don't try to put a shine on it you'll be fine.

Cheers.

Could you use it at your own house and use pictures to advertise that you can do it for customers

Cheers.

Or skim up some pboard and have it when you go quote :)

I think if you aimed it at the right people and took a sample with you, then I reckon it would go well...I know if at least 1 top end kitchen designer in notts that is quoting this on every new install as an interactive wall in the kitchen area....doing well without too....

So why are you best to not put a shine on it? I've never used it but would like to give it a go one day

Just done two walls in my house (nursery), having laid a dozen or so bags in the last 6 months or so.
Also quoted a builder to skim up a column in a new kitchen before christmas, not sure why his spread won't do it..... ??
People are starting to ask for it, might be the money cow for 2015!

If you trowel it, as Dan says it don't work as well but it spreads just like multi so as long as you're not ruff as feck laying on, all it needs is a blast over with a plazzi or sf when still wet.

So, got a showroom at home when people ask to see the finished product!

Just done two walls in my house (nursery), having laid a dozen or so bags in the last 6 months or so.
Also quoted a builder to skim up a column in a new kitchen before christmas, not sure why his spread won't do it..... ??
People are starting to ask for it, might be the money cow for 2015!

If you trowel it, as Dan says it don't work as well but it spreads just like multi so as long as you're not ruff as feck laying on, all it needs is a blast over with a plazzi or sf when still wet.

So, got a showroom at home when people ask to see the finished product!

Its hard to explain isn't why its just wrong to over trowel it... have you tried sanding it yet? I screwed a wall up and needed to play about with it to make it straight..lol it goes glittery and grainy..

Since that wall its all been sweet :D

No, not had to use any grit paper yet. I suppose by troweling it up your moving the material about so you'd upset the evenness of the magnetic density, just a guess.

No, not had to use any grit paper yet. I suppose by troweling it up your moving the material about so you'd upset the evenness of the magnetic density, just a guess.

lol Yeah I royally cocked one up :) as I was doing it I was like yeah this is never gonna work... but kept going...lol with all the will in the world it was never going to look right :D

I think we all have those days....

Status
Not open for further replies.