Magic Mix

Members online

No members online now.
A good tip here for going over Artex. Bonding mixed with board or multi.

Bonding in first coat, flatten, top with multi, finish as usual. Don't bother with 2 coats of multi on top ...... Or the sponge. On grit too..... seemed like a very complicated affair

Bonding in first coat, flatten, top with multi, finish as usual. Don't bother with 2 coats of multi on top ...... Or the sponge. On grit too..... seemed like a very complicated affair
What a load of fannying around that is.fuk me he'll be there till last orders

I used this for the first time on a fan effect artex ceiling the other day and it worked perfectly! Just put few handfuls in the first coat and was lovely to lay on and covers the depth so much better.

Was using this today....artex was so thick I must have been near an inch in places.....let it pull and then second coat finished like a dream....good old zombie

If Plaster Force has taken it off here off zombie he should have given the nod to the forum and zombie. But I dont think hes on here

If Plaster Force has taken it off here off zombie he should have given the nod to the forum and zombie. But I dont think hes on here
Magic mix and hook on beads are my best revelations so far

what about unifinish?
Lol unifinish is ok...its great in the right circumstance (really low suction ) but other than an artex ceiling 90% of the time I got several different suctions on the same wall and its too much of a headache

still havent used hook on beads yet. saw them the other day 50 for 36 quid.
Hook on's are beautiful...@zolco had a site at £32 i think....I'd never bother with normals again....the very odd time the hook on beads won't get a hold they're still a normal bead with nails holes so sooner have them than not

Are they mesh? Couldn't tell from the photo as I'm on an old broken phone. Keith(aka @theclemo) moans like f**k about the Irish mesh beads damaging really easy

No

s-l1600.jpg

Still the hook on's are like crack...now I've started I can't stop

Would be enough to go over the edge of most wood corners that we have round here
never saw that. thanks. sometimes you just dont think laterally. right over the old wooden staffs or mop rolls. gonna try some. they look like carpet thresholds

never saw that. thanks. sometimes you just dont think laterally. right over the old wooden staffs or mop rolls. gonna try some. they look like carpet thresholds
That's was my first thought...loads of the wooden corners round me and the normal beads usually a few mm short of bridging over them

I've used the magic mix. And I got it off Zombies thread on here and much appreciated it. But I don't use it anymore. I use unifinish. There's no need to grit or pva and it goes on real thick with no sag. It's lovely stuff. The artex doesn't bloom through. Loads of time. Second coat with board, I wouldn't use anything else now. I'm even paying £12 a bag for it because B and Q are the only stockists around here. I'd be gutted if they stopped stocking it. I would seriously get a pallet delivered. Only negative apart from the price is I still haven't mastered second coating and finishing in it. Just looks shite. But then it's cheaper to finish in board. Try it over a real razor sharp bark effect artex or similar and I guarantee you'll change your mind about it.