Magic Mix

Members online

200_d.gif

Never used paper tape over wood, always mesh. The paper copes ok with swelling wood then?

Them beads on the corner f**k*d me up once. No space for eml on most renovations...... cover them so the moisture stays away from it...... oh god bad memories thinking a few layers of scrim will do...

I've used the magic mix. And I got it off Zombies thread on here and much appreciated it. But I don't use it anymore. I use unifinish. There's no need to grit or pva and it goes on real thick with no sag. It's lovely stuff. The artex doesn't bloom through. Loads of time. Second coat with board, I wouldn't use anything else now. I'm even paying £12 a bag for it because B and Q are the only stockists around here. I'd be gutted if they stopped stocking it. I would seriously get a pallet delivered. Only negative apart from the price is I still haven't mastered second coating and finishing in it. Just looks shite. But then it's cheaper to finish in board. Try it over a real razor sharp bark effect artex or similar and I guarantee you'll change your mind about it.

You do know that there is a thread here because uni failed, think it was put down to the thickness of the plaster was too much... it does also state clearly 2mm on the bag...

Not saying don't just saying it has failed for that reason.

You do know that there is a thread here because uni failed, think it was put down to the thickness of the plaster was too much... it does also state clearly 2mm on the bag...

Not saying don't just saying it has failed for that reason.
I remember. Works for me. BG are notoriously evasive. I never believed that was the real reason it failed. Been putting it on like that for over a year and no call backs.

I used to 3 coat artex until about 3 years ago then @zombie told me this mix, thought he was pulling my leg at first but low and behold it worked an absolute treat.

I always do this now on artex and even shitty walls that are a bit bashed about. You cant beat the stuff, as soon as you pass over second coat with just skim you know you've cracked it.

Thanks again @zombie.

I used to 3 coat artex until about 3 years ago then @zombie told me this mix, thought he was pulling my leg at first but low and behold it worked an absolute treat.

I always do this now on artex and even shitty walls that are a bit bashed about. You cant beat the stuff, as soon as you pass over second coat with just skim you know you've cracked it.

Thanks again @zombie.

Yes, I'll second that. Always 3 coated fan artex, two coat now with the bonding added, thanks from me too zomble

Thanks again @zombie.

I use to 3 coat as well :D Got a big ceiling to do at my parents over artx very soon and I will three coat that.. also need to get some extratime because I am getting slower :D