machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazgunner

Just wanted to no ,All the lads who spray is their anybody who mainly sprays ( PLASTER) OR DO MOST OF YOU USE IT FOR OUTSIDE RENDER ,JUST SEEMS TO ME NOT MANY USE THEM TO PLASTER I MIGHT B WRONG

CHEERS PS HOWS WORK WITH EVERYONE MINE IS TICKING ALONG I HAD MORE LAST YEAR BUT I MAINLY DO SITE WORK

I can't speak from experience as I've never used a machine but with skimming the hard part is troweling it up. Laying it on is easy so a machine is a bit of a luxury for skimming IMO.

I spray mp finish the machine takes the hard work out of it. No good spraying on a small job tho. Don't spray multi.

I mostly spray inside. Hardwall. Prity much back to back jobs. With the odd mono jobs in-between. But just recently I've picked up alot outside so I'm juggling jobs left right n center.

Set by hand pal. I have a monojet . Also we are a gang of 2 and 1/2 spreads so what ever we spray its skimmed in no time pal

Skimming with a machine is not for me, we are 3 gang and we all mix are own skim rather than a labourer. I put on 80/90/100m2 depending areas a day my lads 60/70 each comfy.
I find it hard to believe that you get more on day in day out with a machine, time you have set the machine up, we would all have our first gauge on. Then you have got clean the machine while your skim is going off, more prep coving window. More mess etc.

I think machines are brilliant for external renders that's where they pay for themselves and internal hardwall but not for skimming for me anyway

Dnt think its about getting more on day in day out. It takes out the laborious side. So skim set up alone maybe not cost affective for every1 but maybe some people it is. But with the machine as a whole especially the likes of the ritmo and mtechs version u have the versatility of all the applications they cover . Having the skim set up working along side can only be plus.

I imagine it's all comes down to what your used to using and organisation? I hand apply domestic but would love a stint with or see a gang on a machine skimming just to see the difference? Talking of machines, does any one know where I can get my refina mm30 looked at in and around South London rather than sending it to Poole?

Dnt think its about getting more on day in day out. It takes out the laborious side. So skim set up alone maybe not cost affective for every1 but maybe some people it is. But with the machine as a whole especially the likes of the ritmo and mtechs version u have the versatility of all the applications they cover . Having the skim set up working along side can only be plus.
I hear what your saying mate I bought set up for skim with my eze but wouldn't use it one mixing one spraying one flattening of and then clean it. Just not for me, I would love to know a gang who skims with machine on hear (not airless) mp finish or bg spray finish. If it was easier or better in any way there would be loads doing it.
I love mine for backing coats or render. Not skim at £3 m2, not worth running a machine

Was given tiny bathroom to skim, old,everything in situ, builder whispered ,"wood chip on the ceiling ,but you can skim over it, we only need it to last 3 years or so" but I started to strip it and we ended up stripping the little wall too ,so at least it will last for years,hate bodge jobs.hate occupied properties ,hate been cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.