machine service

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are meticulously clean and look after your machine all the bits and bobs should last yonks. However in a real world i doubt you would spend £50 a year on bits.
But if you dont look after it at all or lend it out expect to spend more

We put 16 ton of CPi render through an m tech 300 and a further 6 of mono.wrecked the stator by tying to put k lime 413 through it.looked like rats had chewed it.

The r&s earns its keep guys, the d6-3 in a clamp with weber i'm getting 500 bags, d4-2 like blones says, a lot, you have to treat them like salami and look after them to get value. Or you can mix the stuff up in a tub and carry it up the ladder, or carry bags up the lifts and mix it on scaffold dust and all.

Did the cpi crack Mark?

I think I covered this one in an earlier thread with Warrior. We didnt have any problems, 2 coat work, time left between scratch and top for dry and curing . Soaked the scratch , topped and float then light sponge finish. We look at getting no mor than 7 mm on the top coat, any thicker and you end up with a jigsaw puzzle when mortar is hardening up.

Consolidate the surface well and be mindful of all the usual procedures to protecting the top from drying to quick,etc. We finished 600 m2 on a unit few weeks back, just one spot where cshrinkage cracks, but this was due to a thicker than should of been top coat due to a bead design change.

Check the des mix is appropriate for the substrate being sprayed as well.

Warrior, we scratched the other job I mentioned last week, and start topping this Friday CPI des mix 2 ...let you know how it goes.

Bottom line is then yeh it cracked. I haven't used it, price is good but it cracks, Weber ocr then. More dollar but no cracky.

I hear weber are about to smash the market on prices.

We just had some recently at 4.80 a bag :RpS_thumbup: (bought by the pallet like)

All the suppliers round our way are starting to stock kmix instead, you walk in and they are like "we got this stuff now, its just the same and its cheaper - no brainer innit mate, everyone is using it they luv it" wot a load of bull - kmix is not an one coat render produt that can compare to weber ocr or parmurex etc they should be pushin krend uf base - kmix ia a block laying mortar and a dubbing coat also I was told by krend themselves to stick with UF or HP12 when doing a full 10 - 15mm render in as a mono application. it says on the sheet that it can be used for rendering with but you wont catch me using it.

they couldnt even sell it to us for the 4.80 either so there is the real no brainer

its a bit more, around 7.00 or more a bag depending on where you buy and how much as always there are deals. its 30kg remember and good gear. feedback from the lads with the G5 is it sprays mint.

they told Dave at the merchants "they love kmix, they are addicted to it".

WHY oh why, UF base is perfect, why change.

anyway, beware - weber are behind you. and with the aquisition of build center they could be very competetive

hm. im gonna try some parex soon. just got an encon account opened up. used some of their micrgobetis the other day. good stuff

well we sprayed and finished 100m2 of the parex today and im impressed sprayed lovely and finished well.

well done g4 you did it again

4 of us, one on the machine, one ruling, one beading, covering windows etc and me spraying then all 4 of us rubbing up

Fair play that's some going........bet the bloke beading was shitting himself when you come behind him spraying lol

Status
Not open for further replies.