Looking for Plasterer in Bristol

Members online

Constancev

Hi, I am looking for a plasterer in the Bristol area (property located in Brislington)
We are needing a large room ceiling (which is currently artex) skimmed over, the rest of the room also needs skimming over old plaster and one new stud wall needs plastering.

We are currently having an electrical rewire done so will also want a few chases filled in here and there in other rooms.

If we are happy with the work there will be ongoing work available for other rooms in time.

Anyone who could fit this in the first couple weeks of December would be ideal.

Thanks in advance!

I never understand plasterers who say they're booked up for 6 months or whatever. Unless it's decent weather and you've got rendering booked in. Noone waits 6 months for skimming. Had 2 phone calls today both said they'll look unless when I said mid December
Maybe cos he's lying

I never understand plasterers who say they're booked up for 6 months or whatever. Unless it's decent weather and you've got rendering booked in. Noone waits 6 months for skimming. Had 2 phone calls today both said they'll look unless when I said mid December

I've had customers wait especially on recommendation. Sometimes they ring around and everyone is in the same boat so they come back to you. Or they get some pea brained numpty on community service turn up trackie bottoms and Fila polo shirt, alcohol on the breath and decide to wait.

I'd happily take on work on my doorstep especially as the carrot has been dangled about future work.

But as I said booked up until March. Sorry.

Thats because your a house wife/my buikder plasterer...every spread i know that works for builders & shop outfits with bits of there own stuff thrown etc is the same.

I dont know a single spread thats not well booked up into the new year round our way.

Thats because your a house wife/my buikder plasterer...every spread i know that works for builders & shop outfits with bits of there own stuff thrown etc is the same.

I dont know a single spread thats not well booked up into the new year round our way.
Like a builder is going to know a date for February or March to get a plasterer into an extension. I've got a couple lined up but like f**k do I know an exact date. Diary's must be an absolute mess and constantly messing people about

I've had customers wait especially on recommendation. Sometimes they ring around and everyone is in the same boat so they come back to you. Or they get some pea brained numpty on community service turn up trackie bottoms and Fila polo shirt, alcohol on the breath and decide to wait.

I'd happily take on work on my doorstep especially as the carrot has been dangled about future work.

You've had customers wait, that sounds like it's rare to me

Like a builder is going to know a date for February or March to get a plasterer into an extension. I've got a couple lined up but like f**k do I know an exact date. Diary's must be an absolute mess and constantly messing people about

Dont know what or how you find it so hard to believe been the minimum of 3 months in front for most of my working life

You generally have a real problem getting your head around or accepting as true anyone that has a different approach or experiences to you.
This is obviously (to me) rooted in the fact that you're convinced that you're smarter than everyone else.
I have news for you.

How come prices are so shite around your way if everyone is so busy mate? You'd think prices would have crept up.

How come prices are so shite around your way if everyone is so busy mate? You'd think prices would have crept up.
good mythical morning agree GIF by Rhett and Link

Same prices on sites around here that were getting in 1990. Domestic numbers game win some you loose some.

All relative isnt it i dare say i earn less than many on here in more affluent cities but without sounding a cock i imigine theres not many that go home to a bigger house and have more disposal income each month.

You generally have a real problem getting your head around or accepting as true anyone that has a different approach or experiences to you.
This is obviously (to me) rooted in the fact that you're convinced that you're smarter than everyone else.
I have news for you.
I know that not to be true.

Same prices on sites around here that were getting in 1990. Domestic numbers game win some you loose some.

All relative isnt it i dare say i earn less than many on here in more affluent cities but without sounding a cock i imigine theres not many that go home to a bigger house and have more disposal income each month.
I wasn't having a go mate, it's just that you often mention how crap the prices are around your way. Usually if everyone is busy prices rise. Simple supply and demand.

cat drugs GIF

March is a bit too far in advance for us as we are just trying to get one room finished so we can move into it whilst we continue with the rest of the renovations, hence the rush!
Will come back to you if we can't find anyone decent sooner though, thanks!

I hope you're open to having that overboarded before it's skimmed.
Is that the best way to cover it? in a previous home I have had some Artex skimmed before without boarding and the result was really nice but maybe it depends on the texture ? It's not a very heavy pattern. Advice appreciated!

Is that the best way to cover it? in a previous home I have had some Artex skimmed before without boarding and the result was really nice but maybe it depends on the texture ? It's not a very heavy pattern. Advice appreciated!
Depends on a lot of conditions
Plasterers call really I'm afraid
Upstairs / downstairs
Pattern depth
Long-term stability of existing
Quality and experience of spread

I didn't say it's compulsory. I said I hope you're open to it as an option. Your plasterer may decide to go either way, depending on the nature and condition of your ceiling.

This forum is littered with posts about customers refusing to pay for overboarding of artex, in spite of the plasterer advising them it would be appropriate, and things occasionally going awry, some time afterwards, but every ceiling is different and your plasterer will advise you about yours.

Yes they do wait if they want you personally have loads of jobs like that!

Yes they do wait if they want you personally have loads of jobs like that!
I had a proper shite job to do for a repeat customer that I really didn’t want, I told her I was booked for 6 months. She ended up waiting a year till I finally gave in, the old cow! :LOL:

I had a proper shite job to do for a repeat customer that I really didn’t want, I told her I was booked for 6 months. She ended up waiting a year till I finally gave in, the old cow! :LOL:
Casper has loads like that but he does shopping for them and steals from there purses while there on stairlift!