Liquid screed near Redditch

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23452

Can anyone suggest a reliable outfit to put liquid screed into a 20 square metre floor? @Plasterers1StopShop I believe you do that, but is it too far from you?

Hi mate, wouldn't cost effective for us to do it as we are too far.

I will see if we have any customers local to you

That'd be good thanks. (y) Nice easy access for truck and pump right outside the building, hose straight in the window. The job's about 5 mins off the M42 junction 3. I'd say around middle of June, but I can be flexible with that if required.

Ring tarmac they sort you out but probably will be a small quantity for any outfit, won't be any money in it, I was struggling for 2 months to find someone to pump 42m² at 75mm thickness. why don't you get nisus to do traditional screed?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think there is a decent size company who do that based in Stratford. I'm in pub so you will have to google it. There's also someone very good in Coventry I could get you number tomorrow.

I think there is a decent size company who do that based in Stratford. I'm in pub so you will have to google it. There's also someone very good in Coventry I could get you number tomorrow.

Cheers for that, if you wouldn't mind it'd be helpful.

Ring tarmac they sort you out but probably will be a small quantity for any outfit, won't be any money in it, I was struggling for 2 months to find someone to pump 42m² at 75mm thickness. why don't you get nisus to do traditional screed?

@Nisus do screeding? You should hear him crying when he has to do a full bag of skim!

I asked him to skim a bedroom at my house, normal full rates as "there's no mates in this game". :( First day was the 16 square metre ceiling. Second day was three walls (one with a door in it) and a 500mm strip that goes round where the bay sticks out from the main part of the bedroom.

I had to get on the trowel and skim one wall with the rad pipes as it was "awkward" and the band round the bay as that was awkward too.

So I think the chances of him throwing down S&C screed are somewhere in between none and fcuk all. Mind you, to be fair I'm not sure his granddad knees are up to it at his age.

@Nisus do screeding? You should hear him crying when he has to do a full bag of skim!

I asked him to skim a bedroom at my house, normal full rates as "there's no mates in this game". :( First day was the 16 square metre ceiling. Second day was three walls (one with a door in it) and a 500mm strip that goes round where the bay sticks out from the main part of the bedroom.

I had to get on the trowel and skim one wall with the rad pipes as it was "awkward" and the band round the bay as that was awkward too.

So I think the chances of him throwing down S&C screed are somewhere in between none and fcuk all. Mind you, to be fair I'm not sure his granddad knees are up to it at his age.
He doesn't like slave labour does he? There's no such thing as mates rates, friends and family always double lol
If you can get the trad screed premixed delivered it takes no time to throw down, just pay him double for the day hell be keen to do it
[emoji12]

Have you seen unicorn @imago ? If not, he will turn on one for the job:LOL:!
Two stories will be remembered on here for ages- motorbike and unicorn:risas2::lol:.

Not sure about liquid screed tho. I have seen so many to crack.

If you can get the trad screed premixed delivered it takes no time to throw down, just pay him double for the day hell be keen to do it

Pay him double! :eek:

It'd be cheaper to use powdered rhino horn, with a saffron aggregate mixed using unicorn tears on the space station brought down and tipped in a cup full at a time from the holy grail carried on a gold litter supported by the entire Chelsea football team being fanned by 24 naked virgin supermodels.

It'd be cheaper to use powdered rhino horn, with a saffron aggregate mixed using unicorn tears on the space station brought down and tipped in a cup full at a time from the holy grail carried on a gold litter supported by the entire Chelsea football team being fanned by 24 naked virgin supermodels.
[emoji1] lol

Not sure about liquid screed tho. I have seen so many to crack.

It should be OK as it's going onto a membrane over a quarry tile floor to act as a thick leveller. The conservation officer won't allow the floor to be touched, and whatever goes on top must be removable. So a floating screed seems the best answer as the lady of the house wants Amtico.

You wont be alowed to start the job without uni ppe :LOL:

image.jpeg

You wont be alowed to start the job without uni ppe :LOL:

View attachment 11596

I can't begin to imagine what search terms are preserved in your cache. o_O I do think that when you drop off your perch and your family go through your stuff not all the tears will be from grief. :eek:

It should be OK as it's going onto a membrane over a quarry tile floor to act as a thick leveller. The conservation officer won't allow the floor to be touched, and whatever goes on top must be removable. So a floating screed seems the best answer as the lady of the house wants Amtico.

what is a floating screed ?
why not lay a floating timber floor, finished in ply with sub floor compound over the joints, this will take Amtico finish.

what is a floating screed ?
why not lay a floating timber floor, finished in ply with sub floor compound over the joints, this will take Amtico finish.

Screed not bonded to the substrate, in this case the membrane is separating them.

Timber won't help as it won't be flat as it'd be floating on the uneven and sloping floor. The floor as it is slopes and has high spots and dips. The other thing is that to get a timber floor rigid enough it would need to be quite thick so it would come up way too high.

Hmmm... funny that I'm sure ive done a couple of Screeding jobs for you, maybe I dreamt it :LOL:

That bedroom reskim.... you mean the one that I had to rebond the chimney breast wall over that baddie builders bonding tut tut :rolleyes:

Look he said it was ready to skim ffs :eek:
Bloody builders :tarjetaroja:

image.jpg

You only got the trowel out because it was Friday & your mrs was kicking your arse to get the bed from the downstairs front room back into that bedroom :D
She told you if the rooms not finished you'd be grounded & no more choccies for a week I heard the conversation pmsl :risas:

Oh & when he text me & invited me to fill a hole in his bedroom, this was not what I expected to see as I walked in!! misleading texts ffs :endesacuerdo:
image.jpg

Plus you told me you wanted to get your shiny Marshalltown trowel out to see if you remembered what I taught you on my 1 day garage plastering course last year :coffe:

That bedroom reskim.... you mean the one that I had to rebond the chimney breast wall over that baddie builders bonding tut tut :rolleyes:

The Mrs is really pleased with the skimming you've don. She reckons we won't need wardrobes just some velcro to stick the clothes to the wall. (y)

Plus you told me you wanted to get your shiny Marshalltown trowel out to see if you remembered what I taught you on my 1 day garage plastering course last year :coffe:

Bah, I've got a NGQ (Nisus Garage Qualification) level 23 now. :estudioso:

Ah yes maybe. Let me know if you need anymore Easifill to self level out my walls, got a pallet full in the lock up (y)

That's because you're a master plasterer, always prepared. (y)

Are you Redditch based @imago?

No, Hall Green Birmingham. So it's an easy trip on the A435, and more importantly there are two garages selling Costa on the way. (y)