Limelite Or Devonlite

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris16

Has any one used the above renovating plasters

Are they just the same as Dri-Coat and are they any good to use

personally .....and i dont mind making a tit out of myself i thought limelite was breatheable for porous backgrounds and dry coat was more of a sealer .....never heard of devonlite mate

Devonite is very similar to what they use in Venice so it should stand abit of damp. 1 coat stuff but it takes hours to go off. Limelight is often in the spec after a chemical damp

They are having a new chemical damp proof put in and the spec says Limelite or Devonlite i've never used these before but have used Dri-Coat quite a few times and know that is for new damp proof courses and was just wondering how easy this stuff is use or is it better to use Dri-coat

if you`re supplying the gear go dri coat (cheaper) if they`re supplying should make no differance to putting it on

Use what the spec says mate , mix it up "outside" in gorilla tubs or similar once mixed let it stand for 10mins remix and use devil float as you would with s/c, skim the next day what finish are you using ?

used limelite quiet a bit,good stuff almost same as dri coat,both breathable.takes for ever to get to devil floating.also do their own finish.also takes for ever to go off.

I was just going to use multi finish but Limelite have there own finish so i don't know yet only the bottom metre is having the limelite then re-skim the whole wall, can you re-skim with the limelite finish

i used dri coat for the first time the other week cant fault it, limelite cant be skimed with multi only there finish which is a pain if skimming the full wall id use dricoat every day

I've used dri-coat quite a few times and never had any problems with it done full walls with it at 2.8m high, the only problem is the damp report says use either S&C or Limelite or Devonlite, spoke to the company who did the report and they said they have always used Limlite thats why it's on the report but if dri-coat is the same spec l can use that if l want just don't want any come back if the damp comes back l haven't used what they said

I was just unfamiliar with Limelite and was wondering how easy it is to use and if there were any pitfalls to avoid

as mur said cannot use multi or board on limelite.only there own stuff and is a pain its very slow set,white in colour.better for you with dri coat and more places stock it,plus you can use the multi.if you go for limelite no probs or pitfalls.both dri coat and limelite designed for use after chemical dpc,best to check with however gave you spec first then no comeback.

Why don't you use s/c then it works out a lot cheaper for you (more profit) but failing that just use the Dri coat as it is up to the same spec as limelight it's just a newer/replacement product, i'm sure that dri coat is the replacement for thistle renovate plaster (sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong)
or as i said earlier s/c with an integral waterproofer (usually a product from the company who did the actual dpc) and skim off with thistle board or multi

Don't like using S&C allways seems to go pear shaped

Think l will just use dri-coat know were l am with that

chris said:
dri coat is pretty easy to use just not cheap
lot cheapear than limelite was getting dri coat at 6 a bag on bulk then your multi for 3.60 s&c cheaper still but pain mixing up on your own and if in a hurry

Status
Not open for further replies.