Limelite high impact plaster

Members online

smarts

1st time of using this today mixed as told on the bag started to apply the plaster and it was full of about 3 mm to 5mm grit so chucked that mix
cleaned everything then mixed another bag same thing again grit again totally impossble to spread it smooth grit just pulling through the skim
The plaster is in date and no signes of it getting damp in the bags
Is it something I'm doing or what
I spoken the tarmac who make the product but still waiting for them to get back to me
Thanks

1st time of using this today mixed as told on the bag started to apply the plaster and it was full of about 3 mm to 5mm grit so chucked that mix
cleaned everything then mixed another bag same thing again grit again totally impossble to spread it smooth grit just pulling through the skim
The plaster is in date and no signes of it getting damp in the bags
Is it something I'm doing or what
I spoken the tarmac who make the product but still waiting for them to get back to me
Thanks
Skip the lot that gear is cement based crap

It's shite stuff alright knock it about goes like water . Throw it on a spot board it goes stiff . Can't get a decent finish on it either but I don't remember it having grit in it ??

Yes very similar to dry coat . Its ok to float with .but there finish isn't the best

Take it you use that for damp work too then, with a bit of waterproofed in?
What line product do you use and do you have to leave it for a certain amount of time?
I don’t use it, I came across it when the conservation people told a customer of mine he had to use Limelight, which I told him had cement in it, back then it was 11quid a bag, I just told him it would be cheaper to use lime putty and sharp sand, as there was no damp waterproof wasn’t an issue but you can’t use it with lime putty and sand any way. The conservation people said they would accept sand and cement so that’s the way we went. I really can’t advise what you should use as I don’t know all the facts or the specification etc

Never thought about it either tbh Mind my old
Boss saying they had a pale of lime in the van to make the finish creamy while ago that haha

Hi mate was you using the renovation version as this has a different one to final coat when I last used it mind you was a few years back

Less you play with the high impact finish the better, put it on neat and keep away from over trowelling it

• Agree
Reactions: Djr