Limelite high impact finish tips please.

Fanny

Limelite high impact finish tips please. Hi have not used this stuff in years have layed on Limelite renovating backing plaster and intend to leave for a couple of days before skimming with high impact finish. As I said haven't used the stuff for 15 or more years understand it hangs for quite a while is it best to lay on and leave for an hour or so before flattening and second coating then then leaving again before troweling up TIA.

Limelite high impact finish tips please. Hi have not used this stuff in years have layed on Limelite renovating backing plaster and intend to leave for a couple of days before skimming with high impact finish. As I said haven't used the stuff for 15 or more years understand it hangs for quite a while is it best to lay on and leave for an hour or so before flattening and second coating then then leaving again before troweling up TIA.
I've found the stuff sets quick, surly you'll soon work it out when first laid down, what's going to happen with the gear

Its absoloutley awful mate it tears and sags....get it on flatten with a spat or similar sit in van and leave as long as you dare then trowel up with splash brush over surface.

Less you touch it the better

Its absoloutley awful mate it tears and sags....get it on flatten with a spat or similar sit in van and leave as long as you dare then trowel up with splash brush over surface.

Less you touch it the better
I've found it ok, put on , trowel up and finish with sponge, same you'd finish with lime..

We always use a medium Refina sponge float followed by a fine car sponge. If you have a power float you can use it on larger areas.

Never heard so much s**t in my life,people saying or use the sponge f500 blah blah blah.its f**k**g skimming! Done tons of it and it's easy as

limelite high impact finish

You can finish it with a metal trowel for a smooth finish but the idea of this material is that it's breathable....
By finishing to a smooth finish you are reducing or making it non breathable....

It should be finished with a sponge to keep texture open

You wouldn't finish putty lime with a steel trowel so don't so it with limelite !

You can finish it with a metal trowel for a smooth finish but the idea of this material is that it's breathable....
By finishing to a smooth finish you are reducing or making it non breathable....

You wouldn't finish putty lime with a steel trowel so don't so it with limelite !
Shame the people who have done loads of it, and never heard such s**t, don't understand the use of the products..

I finish all lime putty with a steel trowel finishing with a sponge doesn’t make it more breathable. I’ve never seen I textured sponged lime finish in any high end house sounds like some thing you would do in a barn!

If that works for you I'm happy

Open texture maintains breathability ,yes your right especially Georgian houses had a finer finish

I think the secret is how good your rubbing up is. Very little nail and leave no slacks.also leave your backing at least 24 hours.leave any small holes in your backing it tends to weep.take all crumbs of the backing.l am sure it will come back to you.dont over trowel.