Lime plasterer Victorian House Chesterfield

ObiWan

Hi,

I've recently started renovations on the main bedroom and hallway in my Victorian Semi.

I've removed a false ceiling from the hallway and it's revealed a pretty nice lath and plaster ceiling and some hefty cracks.
I've also stripped the wallpaper and the walls are the original lime and horsehair plaster.

I'm looking for someone to come and repair the original ceiling if possible, and do some patchwork on the walls.

In the main bedroom I have the same issue but the ceiling is artex and probably needs over boarding with some patchwork to the original plaster on the walls but I'm not sure.

Long story short I need someone to come and look and give me realistic options- obviously if the ceiling can't be saved then I'll do what needs to be done but I need someone with the knowledge on old ceilings and plaster to help!

Ive had some good advice previously from people on here so I'm hoping I can find someone.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like your ceiling needs over boarding to be honest, lath and plaster ceilings can be repaired and even re stuck to the laths but re sticking would probably be quite expensive, if the walls just need filler then do that yourself, if they need patching with lime and sand that will cost you as well. Over board the artex ceiling as if it’s still lath and plaster it might crack or drop any way

Thanks for your replies!
I'm not precious about the walls being filled with lime, happy for that to be standard plaster it's just the ceiling I'm not sure about, it really seems to split opinion on the few Plasterer's I've had round so far.

I'm happy for the artex one to be overboarded, it has a huge crack in it anyway that a skim or repair couldn't solve.

Just need someone to snap the job up but it's proving difficult!

@CeeVee sorry if you feel that way but having had some pretty bad plastering work in the past I'm just following the advice I got from this forum on making sure I do my research, I'm sure you can appreciate that.

I would be able to advise on the specialality side of the job but as CeeVee has pointed out, you have hade several plasterers out all ready. This would be a 3 hour consultation with little chance of employment. More like information seeking.

So unless there is a consultation fee being paid I can't help.

I would be able to advise on the specialality side of the job but as CeeVee has pointed out, you have hade several plasterers out all ready. This would be a 3 hour consultation with little chance of employment. More like information seeking.

So unless there is a consultation fee being paid I can't help.
Yep, charged a customer £180 for site visit . Lost the job for £500 and he called me later to tell me I was right and need advice how to fix it now. When he asked me if I want to rectify it I just doubled the price:p. It was f**k**g fun to watch his face.

S
Yep, charged a customer £180 for site visit . Lost the job for £500 and he called me later to tell me I was right and need advice how to fix it now. When he asked me if I want to rectify it I just doubled the price:p. It was f**k**g fun to watch his face.
Savage but right