Lime Balls

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Everytime i mix render with lime in i can never get the lime to mix through, i always get a few little lime balls.
Ive tried mixing the lime first then adding S&C. dry mixing it all and then adding the water. and tried putting them lime in last..........clearly i dont render much with S&C so whats the best way to reduce lime balls?

Thanks in Advance.....................:RpS_thumbup:

Odd one! I put water in then half the sand,half the cement,all lime,then water,then repeat all until happy with consistency.

i only purchase lime from a builders merchants where i know it is fresh stock. old stock always seems to ball up

I always get the lime going round in the water first mate so its like a white liquid, then add the rest, works for me and no hard white lumps. Fresh bag is always a winner also.

i only purchase lime from a builders merchants where i know it is fresh stock. old stock always seems to ball up

never even thought of checking for fresh stock..................:RpS_thumbup:

If I've got an opened bag, I wrap it in a plastic bag. It don't really mix with moisture,:RpS_unsure:

Last edited:
thought she said slime ball...................:RpS_unsure: or was its likes balls................:RpS_confused:

Try mixing some lime putty the day before.....We used to mix a water-barrel full with a plodger :RpS_scared:
Lovely dollop of stuff marra :RpS_thumbup:

Everytime i mix render with lime in i can never get the lime to mix through, i always get a few little lime balls.
Ive tried mixing the lime first then adding S&C. dry mixing it all and then adding the water. and tried putting them lime in last..........clearly i dont render much with S&C so whats the best way to reduce lime balls?

Thanks in Advance.....................:RpS_thumbup:

Check the bag before mixing, this normally happens when lumps are already in the bag.

:RpS_confused: erm....................ok............................:RpS_unsure:.

Status
Not open for further replies.