Lights!

Members online

PlasterCraftDundee

I know there was a thread on here a few weeks ago about apollo lights i think they were, that lit up a whole room. Does anyone know if they sell these in 240? Or recommend a good 240 light. Nothing I hate more than carrying around a transformer! Especially cos every job I have going on at the moment seems to be upstairs!

Mine is 110, mate.......I don't think they do 240. I had the same thoughts as you, carting a transformer about is hell.......however, the light is soooo good I wouldn't be without it/them.
All the best.

There sell really light transformers now literally no weight hardly in them..want 1 mysen as I hate the tranny

Does one light really do for a decent sized room?

No. not if you buy the 2 bulb one (2055?) like I did, it gives off a nice type of light but just not strong enough imo.
If you want a 240v light get a fluorescent in the plastic casings, for about £40 and far stronger than the apollo 2055.
Couldn't find the stronger one on Amazon etc but Scottie posted a link to mad4tools that have the stronger one.
But as I say get one of these if you want a 240, wire it yourself and I buy about 10m of cable so I can drag it where I want
11e8fc4a8241b882a4b682820f0fc1fe.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordering a wobble tonight Rossi they are getting hard to get hold of?
How do we go on for replacement bulbs?

Ordering a wobble tonight Rossi they are getting hard to get hold of?
How do we go on for replacement bulbs?

Really! Sure they'all make more if they're in demand.
There are loads of bulbs on eBay. Metal halide is used a lot in hydroponics. I've not needed to change one yet in 12 months with a lot of use.

f**k carting that thing about with a tranny :frenetico: I've got a full flat to skim in a few weeks it's the top dancer 5 flights up no elevator - think I'm gonny buy the festool syslite, it's probably overpriced like most of their stuff but it looks cool as f**k.
Trannys have never bothered me in the slightest. Fair comment though up 5 flights o_O

f**k carting that thing about with a tranny :frenetico: I've got a full flat to skim in a few weeks it's the top dancer 5 flights up no elevator - think I'm gonny buy the festool syslite, it's probably overpriced like most of their stuff but it looks cool as f**k.
Just looked at the festoon syslite duo plus, is this the one Granty?
You'll be fecking sorry parting with £245 for that, 8000 lumens it gives off, same as the 2 bulb apollo, it's only ok in a room 3mx3m.

That's the one. I'm surprised at that there's a video somewhere of it and pictures in large areas and it's lit them up very well.

• Unique LED configuration for 180° scattering angle and homogeneous illumination
  • High illuminating power (8000 lm) for brilliant lighting of a large surface area
  • Daylight-like colour (5000 K)
  • Sturdy and durable with 10,000-hour lifetime (L70) and shock-proof corners
  • Dust and water-resistant, withstands drops and impact (safety class IP 55)

There's lots with all round light gibbo, but the 2055 isn't strong enough in bigger rooms, no good having all round light if I've to pull it around a room.

@GrantyBoy, buy it, you'll be sick as f**k

I can still get one but I knew a load of places no longer had them. There is one in Birmingham on eBay ( collection only) for £130

Yeah I saw that one. Only one I could see available.

I can get one delivered for €199.
Only doubt is the bulbs, you sure we will get them?

Just do wat we do we both just put our phone torch mobile apps on there ace pal really bright we just plonk them on floor and there light full room up needs to be iphone tho :)
This reminds me my tiling on site. Tight f**k**s never supplied leccy or lights. If you wasnt quick enough you would have to grout up under torch light oh the joy.s

Just looked at the festoon syslite duo plus, is this the one Granty?
You'll be fecking sorry parting with £245 for that, 8000 lumens it gives off, same as the 2 bulb apollo, it's only ok in a room 3mx3m.

then add another 80 quid for the tripod.

Screenshot_2016-09-16-20-29-48-1.png

I have one of these two light settings lasts a day on low one high beam is like the UFO has come down haha