Let's Talk

Members online

Hi @norman moss, We don't sell directly, so for any product delivery queries you would need to speak to your local merchant. If you can let us know what area of the country you are in we can send you a list of local stockists.
I have spoken to them before been in today they will contact you I have just refused a job today told customer no material available its like telling a butcher there is no meat to be had may as well sh ut the shop u where going to give me names of local stockists but don't expect to hear any way all I want is 10 bags of casting to Jewson 145 branch surely is possible

I have spoken to them before been in today they will contact you I have just refused a job today told customer no material available its like telling a butcher there is no meat to be had may as well sh ut the shop u where going to give me names of local stockists but don't expect to hear any way all I want is 10 bags of casting to Jewson 145 branch surely is possible
Hi @norman moss, you mention we were to let you know names of local stockists - have you sent us your location? Apologies if we missed it. If you could send us your location to thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com we can let you know stockists in your area that would have it. Or if you can also share your contact details we can get someone to give you a call to see if can they help you out.

Hi @norman moss, you mention we were to let you know names of local stockists - have you sent us your location? Apologies if we missed it. If you could send us your location to thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com we can let you know stockists in your area that would have it. Or if you can also share your contact details we can get someone to give you a call to see if can they help you out.
Jewson 145 look it up

I asked for local stockists, your rep emailed asking for my contact number a week ago. Never heard back.

@BritishGypsum just got to be honest and say you’ve come across terrible here.

The rep who come and seen me was a top bloke and I appreciated the visit. I liked the gear pure finish and me solid efforts to get it with no luck.. other than drive an hour for a few scrappy end of pallet bags, not viable.

I got back in touch and was advised to ask the manager at wickes, whom I know and this was his response:

You’re like a really unorganised drug dealer. You make effort to get about giving out freebies of new product, we get hooked then can’t get a regular supply.

I’ve given up now and just using normal finish.

You’re only chance of saving a bit of face is donate the remainder of the fund page @Olican is running.

Thought I’d give my opinion on the last couple of weeks of contact with BG and using Pure. I normally use a mix of Board and Multi depending on what I’m plastering. I don’t have any problems with Multi but find Board can be a touch greasy sometimes. I wanted to try Pure so I emailed BG and asked for stockists in my area, I had a reply within a few days asking for a contact number so I passed it on and Gary from BG phoned me a couple of days later. He said he would come to site and drop off a couple of bags of Pure for me to try. He was a nice bloke, stayed for a cuppa and a chat and offered advice on Magnetic and Pure. I’ve just used the Pure over an Artex ceiling, first thoughts are feels slightly creamier on the hawk and when applying but the main difference was on the last two trowels. It was a joy to finish. All in all a good experience with BG and I will be trying to get a pallet of pure delivered to my local merchants (if they can offer it at a reasonable price).

What's the story with the bendy boards , another customer had got boards from bnq , sorry mate , get rid , I'm not putting them on your ceiling , back to wickes for some knauf

To be fair , have only had 2 dodgy bags of multi in 35 years but as most of my work is overskim the set time is not comparable

Thought I’d give my opinion on the last couple of weeks of contact with BG and using Pure. I normally use a mix of Board and Multi depending on what I’m plastering. I don’t have any problems with Multi but find Board can be a touch greasy sometimes. I wanted to try Pure so I emailed BG and asked for stockists in my area, I had a reply within a few days asking for a contact number so I passed it on and Gary from BG phoned me a couple of days later. He said he would come to site and drop off a couple of bags of Pure for me to try. He was a nice bloke, stayed for a cuppa and a chat and offered advice on Magnetic and Pure. I’ve just used the Pure over an Artex ceiling, first thoughts are feels slightly creamier on the hawk and when applying but the main difference was on the last two trowels. It was a joy to finish. All in all a good experience with BG and I will be trying to get a pallet of pure delivered to my local merchants (if they can offer it at a reasonable price).

Phhhhh

B.G F.A.K.E. A.C.C.O.U.N.T!!!

If you say so my friend. Personally, instead of giving them unnecessary online abuse I’d rather try and have a professional working relationship with BG.

Proffesional working relations!!!!!!!

Dont think they do to bad out of me spend £Thousends every year on there shite products!

But please for the love of god dont produce a substandard product that ive been using over 20years but then dont acknowledge that its changed in quality & performance!

As that my friend is an insult!!!!!

Proffesional working relations!!!!!!!

Dont think they do to bad out of me spend £Thousends every year on there shite products!

But please for the love of god dont produce a substandard product that ive been using over 20years but then dont acknowledge that its changed in quality & performance!

As that my friend is an insult!!!!!
You’re obviously entitled to your opinion my friend, and I wouldn’t bother arguing with what you’re saying. I’ve been in plastering since ‘04 so couldn’t comment on what the material was like in the 80’s & 90’s. But in my opinion, I don’t think their products are ‘shite’ at all. And I don’t think the online abuse is the way forward, but each to their own.

@BritishGypsum just got to be honest and say you’ve come across terrible here.

The rep who come and seen me was a top bloke and I appreciated the visit. I liked the gear pure finish and me solid efforts to get it with no luck.. other than drive an hour for a few scrappy end of pallet bags, not viable.

I got back in touch and was advised to ask the manager at wickes, whom I know and this was his response:

You’re like a really unorganised drug dealer. You make effort to get about giving out freebies of new product, we get hooked then can’t get a regular supply.

I’ve given up now and just using normal finish.

You’re only chance of saving a bit of face is donate the remainder of the fund page @Olican is running.

Hi @lurpak, we are glad to hear you had a good experience with our rep and that you like PureFinish.

We have mentioned before on this forum that we really are working hard with suppliers to get them to stock these products and we are gradually adding new stockists - we confirmed Selco, Reading only this week, for example.

Together, we can convince the merchants to stock it by demonstrating demand with lists of people who genuinely want to use it. If we could get a 'show of hands' we could potentially take it to head office and convince them that there are enough people out there who want to use these products. We need to build their confidence that they will be able to shift the stock they take in.

In your instance, if you could share with us a list of all the merchants you use, we can try to get something in your area and keep you updated on the process.

Many thanks,
The BG SM team

p.s. we will be in touch with @Olican separately to see what we can do.

Hi @lurpak, we are glad to hear you had a good experience with our rep and that you like PureFinish.

We have mentioned before on this forum that we really are working hard with suppliers to get them to stock these products and we are gradually adding new stockists - we confirmed Selco, Reading only this week, for example.

Together, we can convince the merchants to stock it by demonstrating demand with lists of people who genuinely want to use it. If we could get a 'show of hands' we could potentially take it to head office and convince them that there are enough people out there who want to use these products. We need to build their confidence that they will be able to shift the stock they take in.

In your instance, if you could share with us a list of all the merchants you use, we can try to get something in your area and keep you updated on the process.

Many thanks,
The BG SM team

Sell the plaster to merchants at same price as multi, then after we are hooked and demand is raised adjust price see what demand is.

Many thanks,
The BG SM team

@Olican THAT’S how you get a donation

Many thanks,
The BG SM team

@BritishGypsum you're just twisting things around.
No one, I'll say it again, NO ONE cares about Pure Finish for it's intended use. People are only trying it because your Multifinish, and to a lesser extent, Board Finish are substandard and inconsistent. A fact you just keep dodging despite hundreds of spreads saying so via various forms of social media.
You ask people to contact you, which I did, and then you didn't follow it up.

@BritishGypsum you're just twisting things around.
No one, I'll say it again, NO ONE cares about Pure Finish for it's intended use. People are only trying it because your Multifinish, and to a lesser extent, Board Finish are substandard and inconsistent. A fact you just keep dodging despite hundreds of spreads saying so via various forms of social media.
You ask people to contact you, which I did, and then you didn't follow it up.

Ahmen!!!!

The voice of f**k**g reason!!!!