lets just say

Status
Not open for further replies.

church

You have the chance to build and design your dream house ( in the uk ) AND its to live in for the rest of , and you dont want to get your hands dirty , as spreads what would you do with the build ? dry line ? Float and set , d & d render outside , have a screed ? What products would you want to use , how would you choose your builder ? Just for fun .

Float and set ,half brick /half mono outside, and i would want to get my hands dirty ,its my house :RpS_biggrin:

:RpS_lol:

I can remember watching a grand design's where this bloke bought a **** loads of timber from sweden or somewhere which assembled together and stored it in his lockup for about 7 months and by the time he came to use it it was all twisted and he had to butcher it to get it together..................:RpS_laugh:

remember stig of the dump when he made one in that quarry and he made windows out of milkbottles

twenty eight minutes in. ingenious. reminds me of someone i know :RpS_unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
the last one that i built at point clear. the sea on one side, the river colne on the other side. wide open and it did blow.
brickwork external maintenance free. i did float and set, but if i was doing it again i would dot and dab. it cracked where the brick work chimney joined the blockwork. we had 2 patio doors, now i would choose bifold doors.
i would now go for a grand designs, a timber kit built house from finland, you have a big open space on the ground floor with a large box in the middle, the walls concertina out of this box so that you can make different shaped rooms to your need on that day. with a lot more glass from the usa which keeps the temp. of the rooms that you require. and vaulted ceilings. under floor heating, pumped liquid screed, with a roof planted with sedam so that it blended into the counteryside. this is a copy of a property we screeded in brightlingsea.

You have the chance to build and design your dream house ( in the uk ) AND its to live in for the rest of , and you dont want to get your hands dirty , as spreads what would you do with the build ? dry line ? Float and set , d & d render outside , have a screed ? What products would you want to use , how would you choose your builder ? Just for fun .

This is where I'll end up :RpS_thumbup:

Probably do a brick effect render on the exterior & plasterboard the inside.
Solar panels on the roof for the lighting & beer fridge :RpS_wink:
Then maybe a bit of decking outside :)

I would like a double fronted Victorian brick built with all the stucco work at the front and sides,the back would be modern ,very glass orientated ,internally it would be smooth flowing easy living spaces.

Brick built sea views and would be float and set and I would happily let someone else do the work... but with me overseeing it :)

I would like a double fronted Victorian brick built with all the stucco work at the front and sides,the back would be modern ,very glass orientated ,internally it would be smooth flowing easy living spaces.

Had a double fronted victorian about 11 yr ago 6 bay windows to the front with a 4ft wide front door, back of it was boring though. We lived there about a year spent a bag and a half on it and made a 28% profit on the re-sale which was nice :RpS_thumbup:

Had a double fronted victorian about 11 yr ago 6 bay windows to the front with a 4ft wide front door, back of it was boring though. We lived there about a year spent a bag and a half on it and made a 28% profit on the re-sale which was nice :RpS_thumbup:
You can't beat period properties though, keep the character and modernise the back ,nice wide long garden....wish I had the proper dosh for it,.

You can't beat period properties though, keep the character and modernise the back ,nice wide long garden....wish I had the proper dosh for it,.
agree, did work recently on a Victorian house in Kilmacolm outside Glasgow with original features at the front, with the back like the Apple store, very impressive

Just for fun? I can do anything?

I mean at no stage should anyone assume I am claiming competence to do any of these things. But assuming I could get a patch of hilly land I'd go for an oriental design. Curved roofs, ceramic tiles, overhanging eaves supported by cantilevered beams and a mixture of traditional paper walls, wood design and Japanese plastering.

019.jpg

038.jpg

Traditional-Japanese-Houses.jpg

Tent..groundsheet.pitched near water.. bit of fishing, a fire, few beers and other things ...etc:RpS_wink:......

dont ask for much....easily pleased me:)

plaster **** all.:RpS_thumbsup:

This is where I'll end up :RpS_thumbup:

Probably do a brick effect render on the exterior & plasterboard the inside.
Solar panels on the roof for the lighting & beer fridge :RpS_wink:
Then maybe a bit of decking outside :)

I thought that was cassa De JJ. He loves that caravan

Status
Not open for further replies.