Left hander!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoother09

Been a left hander I've always found other spreads like working with me but in 20yrs of been in the job ain't come across many others am I all alone with my disability or are there others on here like me. Come forward leftys your not alone!!!:RpS_crying: Lol..

Been a left hander I've always found other spreads like working with me but in 20yrs of been in the job ain't come across many others am I all alone with my disability or are there others on here like me. Come forward leftys your not alone!!!:RpS_crying: Lol..
got a nephew whose left handed but plasters right handed, must be his Dads side he gets it haa, also worked for a fella once who worked left to right like us right handers but was plastering left handed , looked so awkward and wrong :RpS_crying:

Couple of big outfits I sub off, both their directors are left handed, I had a left handed apprentice years ago his technique looked a bit awkward and was always in my way , but he was a half decent spread in the end, although he used to ruin all my snips with his cack handedness.

got a nephew whose left handed but plasters right handed, must be his Dads side he gets it haa, also worked for a fella once who worked left to right like us right handers but was plastering left handed , looked so awkward and wrong :RpS_crying:
I've tried switching hands over the years but feels awkward and wrong to me plus makes u look like you've just picked up a trowel il stick with the left! (Maybe we're right n your all wrong lol!!)

a spread i used to work with was left handed,, like said by others i used to love working with him,, so easy coming from opposite directions on big walls

Well I'm amazed by the response!! And there's me thinking I'm special mother you lied to me all these years lol!!!

I am going to put in an innovation idea to the boffins at Knauf

Special Left Handed Plaster - smooths out when you trowel it 'backwards' (so to speak...) LOL

Might get them to add the PVA to the mix as some added value as well

what do you think?

I worked with a few, they look awkward as fook, I felt like I was in midnight express in a Turkish prison and they were all walking anti clockwise, some live normal healthy lives ,marry have kids etc,it's amazing how this disability hasn't stopped them and a lot are accepted in normal society..

im ambidextrous. seriously. can use either but favour my right. like the ronnie o sullivan of the plastering world

My dad and brother both plasterers and left handed I used to be right handed but nearly lost my hand in an accident 16 years ago so learnt to plaster left handed never looked back☺

My right hand as you can see I would struggle to plaster with that☺

Attachments

• 1412436603183.jpg
    1412436603183.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 282
I am also left handed they say it's a sign of intelligence. ... not sure what happened to me then lol

im ambidextrous. seriously. can use either but favour my right. like the ronnie o sullivan of the plastering world

So am I. Prefer to use right though and it's what I'm used to but can use left when needed.

I also use snips left handed and have a pair of Irwin left cut snips, I laugh when someone else picks them up and can't use them :RpS_laugh:

Also use my cordless drill left handed and have the holster on my left, it's works well as my screw pouch is on my right as is my knife and tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.