large ceiling

Did a huge hit on my own. Did it in stages over three days blending in. Took my time and put a very diluted pva coat on the seams where it gets polished by feathering in. Customer painted it and emailed to say very pleased with it. Was a good job, enjoyed it.

i did a ceiling this week, i went to bed thinking about it, and i woke up thinking about it,......and it was nowhere near this size,....this size ceiling upsets me noway jose, need a lie down just thinking about it/counselling/therapy,......... anyhoooooooo seriously 4 good plasterers should eat this easily ,get somebody in to help you, all the best

You'd have it boarded + skimmed for dinner!!
emoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:LOL:
fooking hate tacking especially 15mm's.
the ceiling would be getting a joint in it aswell.

Rolling gauge using Knauf,one mixing two putting on ,then one dropping back with Eze spat ,and the one mixing does edges,would nt attempt it with thistle,
Knauf far better for big ares

If your worried get some body's In to share the pain.

A problem halfed Is a problem solved.

Depending on price , get 4 spreads on a Saturday morning to get it on and a lab falling behind them.

Even if it only sticks a extra £100 in your back pocket, the job will be done. Onto the next!

Rolling gauge using Knauf,one mixing two putting on ,then one dropping back with Eze spat ,and the one mixing does edges,would nt attempt it with thistle,
Knauf far better for big ares
Use Knauf mp finish last week put a big area on and the f**k*r set in 50 mins was running round like a headless chicken. Nightmare used to love the stuff

A good easy for a good spread???? Did I say that
If your mixing your self then yes it will be a good old hit of skim
3 buckets then maybe 1 more for second coat.
A nice sat morning job
3 buckets for first coat and 1 to lay down your putting in on too thick mate

Best way to do it and no water trowelling up
Cuts the set time down as well!

I used to be generous on both coats but forever waiting for it to pull
Started putting it in a bit tighter and hit the sweet spot for me!

The thing with being generous on both coats is it tricks you as it stays wet for ages but then ll of a sudden it will go and your chasing your tail

I finish when its wet no polishing waste of time 2hour sets

Seen a spread finish it wet before, well semi dry basicly finished it 20 mins before the normal final closing trowels. absolutely flawless finish, dryed evenly and there was no tiger marks.

Its been my goal for a while to finish it the way he did but I think I'm too scared to lay off the final couple of trowels.

f**k knows was rustling around in my fathers ball sack 34 years ago..think it was carlite finish mayb or mayb was multi..flynny will know he's about 60 I think :)

I was -4

I slap it on 10mm thick then get my sand blaster out and knock it Down to 2mm..comes up lovely jubbly it does..any1 got any work for me?

i put 2 1mm coats on i get about 14 m2 out of a bag

I'm with you on this one, I lay in with p1ss wet gear, get great coverage out of a bag and use very little water rubbing up. Someone called me a clown for describing this technique yet my work when painted looks rather ok