l*m*-g***n Solo

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Total one off for me using this material thought it’s worth a thread , made a exciting change to use it tbf on a job that ain’t been the best to be at , couldn’t find much info off any plasterers I know tbh , but have to say what a lovely material to use , tried a bag around first window on right yesterday to see how it was , followed instructions best as I could, the 60 mm woodfibre panels installed by client was absolutely crap for being level so was uptight of getting any type of a decent finish with it but the right thickness is very easy to achieve with it , says two passes with mesh no more than 24 hours apart which is great for filling out thickness, today did two in some areas and left some till tomorrow, client wanted rustic sponge look which was fine , did have little play with trowelling to a smooth finish but will add some more pictures this tomorrow , £15 a bag
47CB9379-C1AE-4B39-AC15-3A277EF78E29.jpeg
0D0528F0-C1E0-4386-9CA9-FA86A84C4B00.jpeg
A9EBC0C0-365B-47E1-BC4A-767DDD0C1849.jpeg
D57D8180-A342-4E7F-A293-A1D6B19A825A.jpeg
69DB89CF-9AA3-4F51-9F76-193115F19A99.jpeg
BCC73757-48ED-4C20-8229-07026566CB1A.jpeg
EDC682C1-7996-406E-94B9-E2E3CE9E1618.jpeg
C00BFBA4-CAB5-46A9-BF01-6664621A8421.jpeg
714600A0-9377-4B39-9C6D-E123C60A448B.jpeg
DA653669-0451-48DF-A3AE-CBE69799B2CB.jpeg

Total one off for me using this material thought it’s worth a thread , made a exciting change to use it tbf on a job that ain’t been the best to be at , couldn’t find much info off any plasterers I know tbh , but have to say what a lovely material to use , tried a bag around first window on right yesterday to see how it was , followed instructions best as I could, the 60 mm woodfibre panels installed by client was absolutely crap for being level so was uptight of getting any type of a decent finish with it but the right thickness is very easy to achieve with it , says two passes with mesh no more than 24 hours apart which is great for filling out thickness, today did two in some areas and left some till tomorrow, client wanted rustic sponge look which was fine , did have little play with trowelling to a smooth finish but will add some more pictures this tomorrow , £15 a bag
View attachment 26021View attachment 26022View attachment 26023View attachment 26024View attachment 26025View attachment 26026View attachment 26027View attachment 26028View attachment 26029View attachment 26030
Looks brilliant mate!

Nice job mate.I used in on a old school on standard plaster board thought it was a great product to work with.

When I see wires like that........a little voice in my head starts laughing..........urging me to see if they’ve marked the wires with a felt pen................telling me it’ll be soooooooo funny if I snipped those wires, used my sharpie, and wrote the the ....teehee......descriptions .....teehee......on the ........teehee.....wrong wires!!...:risas2::risas2::reloco:

Sounds like you're the expert now then, so you'll have to come over and do a day course for @Nisus (y) :D

Joking apart, having a read through the info on their site that seems like decent gear. I'll have to measure up and see how much we need, or get Lee to measure up then deduct 30% of the area because he used a plasterer's tape measure. :rolleyes:

We'll have to average out the depths for the Ultra base coat, then see what we need for the Solo to top it I guess? I may ring them Monday and have a chat.

Sounds like you're the expert now then, so you'll have to come over and do a day course for @Nisus (y):D

Joking apart, having a read through the info on their site that seems like decent gear. I'll have to measure up and see how much we need, or get Lee to measure up then deduct 30% of the area because he used a plasterer's tape measure. :rolleyes:

We'll have to average out the depths for the Ultra base coat, then see what we need for the Solo to top it I guess? I may ring them Monday and have a chat.
I definitely no expect with the lime products but really was nice to use , would like to use more tbf , it is good gear he will enjoy using it , lime and sand , does exactly what it says on bag and best bit is he can either do two passes and achieve finish in one go or decide sod it do one and second the next morning carry on where he left off.
Ring them and also say can we sort this star in the name thing too it’s ridiculous

Last edited:
I definitely no expect with the lime products but really was nice to use , would like to use more tbf , it is good gear he will enjoy using it , lime and sand , does exactly what it says on bag and best bit is he can either do two passes and achieve finish in one go or decide sod it do one and second the next morning carry on where he left off.
Ring them and also say can we sort this star in the name thing too it’s ridiculous

Yeah, @Danny what's the storey with Lime, Green Plaster?

Yeah, @Danny what's the storey with Lime, Green Plaster?
they didnt like it when Vincey mentioned it for first time many moons ago and went after danny. It appeared,they decided Vincey was the wrong man.I think danny will delete this thread if lime green solo sees it.

they didnt like it when Vincey mentioned it for first time many moons ago and went after danny. It appeared,they decided Vincey was the wrong man.I think danny will delete this thread if lime green solo sees it.

What an odd reaction. You'd think they'd be happy to have their profile raised? Or did @Vincey post a selfie of him naked in a bath of it?

Sounds like you're the expert now then, so you'll have to come over and do a day course for @Nisus (y):D

How many times do I have to tell you I'm a heritage master plastererer, I don't need no course :endesacuerdo:

How many times do I have to tell you I'm a heritage master plastererer, I don't need no course :endesacuerdo:

We all need to keep our skills up and familiarise ourselves with new materials. Still, I suppose you could just read the back of the bag when no one's about. :sisi:

We all need to keep our skills up and familiarise ourselves with new materials. Still, I suppose you could just read the back of the bag when no one's about. :sisi:

That's what I do all the time and blag it then charge the builder high rates lol :LOL:

Oh sh1t.....your the builder :oops:

Tbf i been on day rate using it , hard to judge how long finish will take, there is some bigger areas at this refurb to do but my relationship with client has hit a sour point and tbh atm seems he maybe having some other guys come in to do them if they do those areas I’ll get some feedback in terms of finish times as the panels are perfectly flat in those areas

Looks a good product, would be good on a job where time is of the essence!

True, although in my terms and conditions it says :-

"4.3. Time frames and dates of delivery are provided for guidance only and the Supplier makes no guarantee that the services will be performed within the specified period. For the purposes of this agreement, time shall not be of the essence and the Supplier shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Client as a result of the delivery of services being delayed or postponed for any reason."

so it's not something I need to worry about. :sisi:

True, although in my terms and conditions it says :-

"4.3. Time frames and dates of delivery are provided for guidance only and the Supplier makes no guarantee that the services will be performed within the specified period. For the purposes of this agreement, time shall not be of the essence and the Supplier shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Client as a result of the delivery of services being delayed or postponed for any reason."

so it's not something I need to worry about. :sisi:
Can I copy and paste?