Knauf finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi what's the deal with Knauf finish is it like multi/board been asked to do a job but they want this stuff using but never used it thanks

knauf is a b@stard to mix if you're new to it ..we used it all the time in the 90's ........basically the longer you mix it the sloppier it becomes don't be frightened of mixing a stiff one....go over your beads and scrim (the full room) then one coat it .....with the slightest of water splashes it soon comes back to life....

hi what's the deal with Knauf finish is it like multi/board been asked to do a job but they want this stuff using but never used it thanks

Hi Dan

I work for Knauf, although I am not an expert of the Knauf Finishes.... i look after the Render Carrier Boards

Give Knauf a call on 01795 424499 and ask for the details of the local Sales Manager to you, give them a call for further assistance, they can get a Technical Instructor to contact you for further assistance.

I think that the Knauf plaster of the 90's is VERY different to the plaster of 2016.... LOL

If you have any issues, give me a bell or drop me a message and I will get the right person to talk to you

Good Luck

Richard lord
Knauf
rlord@knauf.co.uk

I'm halfway through a pallet of mp finish,I'm skimming 20 to 25 boards a day and mixing it myself.It's all about the preperation filling joints and around beads.The boarding has to be good just follow the instructions on the bag.I find it great to use but it does'nt like cold mornings,I keep the water inside.

I'm halfway through a pallet of mp finish,I'm skimming 20 to 25 boards a day and mixing it myself.It's all about the preperation filling joints and around beads.The boarding has to be good just follow the instructions on the bag.I find it great to use but it does'nt like cold mornings,I keep the water inside.
The instructions on the bag are OK in the summer. This time of year leave it longer between trowels then it says on the bag. How much a bag u paying and where you getting it from.

The instructions on the bag are OK in the summer. This time of year leave it longer between trowels then it says on the bag. How much a bag u paying and where you getting it from.
Sorry for not replying earlier only in the door.You put me on to Murdochs here a good while back and am getting it in their new place in Dublin near Walkinstown I think.The owner of the house I'm doing got it for €8.50 a bag he said.Steven is the lad to ask for that's who I was talking to when arranging it.The job I'm doing is all boards,have you ever used it over sand and cement?.

Sorry for not replying earlier only in the door.You put me on to Murdochs here a good while back and am getting it in their new place in Dublin near Walkinstown I think.The owner of the house I'm doing got it for €8.50 a bag he said.Steven is the lad to ask for that's who I was talking to when arranging it.The job I'm doing is all boards,have you ever used it over sand and cement?.
8.50 is a good price. I never used it over it. I'd say it would be s**t on it TBH. just make sure u are mixing it a lot stiffer then gyprock skimcoat. How are you finding it. It's easy to clean off tools and buckets.

8.50 is a good price. I never used it over it. I'd say it would be s**t on it TBH. just make sure u are mixing it a lot stiffer then gyprock skimcoat. How are you finding it. It's easy to clean off tools and buckets.
It's ideal when mixing for yourself,I wanted to prove that it is possible to do a house without a labourer.It's still hard going doing everything.It's easy to keep everything clean,I know 20 slabs a day is'nt massive meterage but it's still 100 a week and this is a big house that took 280 boards.So I should have it done in 3 weeks,and doing good out of it.The reason I asked about using it over s+c was this lads cousin wants his house done and it's s+c downstairs.

It's ideal when mixing for yourself,I wanted to prove that it is possible to do a house without a labourer.It's still hard going doing everything.It's easy to keep everything clean,I know 20 slabs a day is'nt massive meterage but it's still 100 a week and this is a big house that took 280 boards.So I should have it done in 3 weeks,and doing good out of it.The reason I asked about using it over s+c was this lads cousin wants his house done and it's s+c downstairs.
20 slabs a day on your own is nice going. But when you get more used to mp finish put more on.

I
20 slabs a day on your own is nice going. But when you get more used to mp finish put more on.
I think a lad could do well working away on his own like that,first thing I got was a radio for company.Trowelling up mp finish is a lot easier than skimcoat.It takes a couple of days to adjust to it but if your well organised and the boarding is good it's fine.Are u doing much yourself?.

I

I think a lad could do well working away on his own like that,first thing I got was a radio for company.Trowelling up mp finish is a lot easier than skimcoat.It takes a couple of days to adjust to it but if your well organised and the boarding is good it's fine.Are u doing much yourself?.
It pays to skim on your own. I can skim 30 slabs a day on my own with mp finish. When I feel like it. But I'd be happy doing 20. I did f**k all myself this last 2 months I just sub out the work out of laziness. But I have to skim 125 slabs next week with mp finish. Am going to do that by myself have a nice cash price for it.

I

I used to love mp......worked on a lot of keepmoat homes sites back in the recession....@ £2 a m. Skimming.
Could cover alot more area.
Sort of pulled the money back up.

Last time I used it was putting on 3 bag sets on my own with speedskim and 18" supaflex........had to stop because it was sending me crazy staring at that white/ivory colour for 3 hours solid !!

@bobby, perhaps I should have worded it different? It's the only way to work when skimming, as it's the easiest way to make your time more profitable. That better??

Labouring for skimming is really only an hours work.
Ive trained a few up.....gone when they come to there senses !!

MP finish is awesome.
I'd use it all the time if I could get hold of the bloody stuff!
Also the last builders supplies that did it would only supply a pallet at a time...

It pays to skim on your own. I can skim 30 slabs a day on my own with mp finish. When I feel like it. But I'd be happy doing 20. I did f**k all myself this last 2 months I just sub out the work out of laziness. But I have to skim 125 slabs next week with mp finish. Am going to do that by myself have a nice cash price for it.
20...30 a day...what the heck is going on here...

A new man

I like it
I knew you love plastering really

Status
Not open for further replies.