Knauf Airless Day At Immingham

Was hard work when I first started but it was f**k**g fun too, if you showed an interest the spreads would fall over themselves to help you, if you didn’t they pretty much just left you to it. I love the trade, it’s been good to me

Was hard work when I first started but it was f**k**g fun too, if you showed an interest the spreads would fall over themselves to help you, if you didn’t they pretty much just left you to it. I love the trade, it’s been good to me
Well it seems everyone is very happy with themselves which is great.

Now if anyone has any questions that relate to airless plaster I'll be happy to answer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Now if anyone has any questions that relate to airless plaster I'll be happy to answer

Here’s one, what made you go in to it, just the money or an easier working life?

Definitely m8 the trade used to be good fun but unfortunately with all this health and safety bull s**t we are nothing more than a number..
The coursers have f**k*d the trade big time and the skimming merchants have moved into the game thinking they are plasterers??
Most of these muppets don’t even carry a straight edge which I’d be embarrassed about..
Not much solid Plastering work going on these days because of the dab system..
A good Plasterer is worth his wait in gold but unfortunately not many of us left .

Easier working life and the better finish.

I get the easier working life, and to a point the better finish but it’s a different material more on a decorator or dry lining side, your grandad must seethe underneath

Definitely m8 the trade used to be good fun but unfortunately with all this health and safety bull s**t we are nothing more than a number..
The coursers have f**k*d the trade big time and the skimming merchants have moved into the game thinking they are plasterers??
Most of these muppets don’t even carry a straight edge which I’d be embarrassed about..
Not much solid Plastering work going on these days because of the dab system..
A good Plasterer is worth his wait in gold but unfortunately not many of us left .
There are enough, dot and dab has been and gone before it was big in the seventies and eighties it will go again and solid will come back, maybe a different material because of the insulation aspect but you and my son are young enough to make some good money when it does

There are enough, dot and dab has been and gone before it was big in the seventies and eighties it will go again and solid will come back, maybe a different material because of the insulation aspect but you and my son are young enough to make some good money when it does
The thing is m8 if solid does come back then there will be quite a few skimmers that will be f**k*d?

I can see float and set being a niche market in years to come. But make a come back? Get real. There is not the skilled labour to even skim properly anymore. Float and set make a come back your living in cuckoo land

Mate anyone who has to spray that shite is not a plasterer full stop
Why does taking to a new material make anyone "not a plasterer"?
I'm going to Sittingbourne with my eyes wide open and hopefully I'll see something that will fit in nicely with how we're taking our business.
It definitely won't be for everyone or every job but Steve is obviously making it work for him on the right type of jobs.

And on that note I bid you and this forum a good night.

Ps

What happen to all the good lads on here?

Not saying you two are not btw

I'm going to Sittingbourne with my eyes wide open and hopefully I'll see something that will fit in nicely with how we're taking our business.
It definitely won't be for everyone or every job but Steve is obviously making it work for him on the right type of jobs.
Ahhh in the nick of time is see Andy is still here

A true voice of reason

Ello Andy it is a fact that you don’t have to be a “plasterer” to use this .,
No disrespect to yourself but I did not spend 4 years learning the trade from the bucket to start spraying plaster from a paint machine..
There is zero skill envolved apart from be consistent when spraying the material..

I done the course in sittingbourne a long time ago Andy I hope it works for you but when you go you will see for yourself m8

And on that note I bid you and this forum a good night.

Ps

What happen to all the good lads on here?

Not saying you two are not btw

Steve ...it's Taylorhoncho...:rolleyes:...he's old school:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ello Andy it is a fact that you don’t have to be a “plasterer” to use this .,
No disrespect to yourself but I did not spend 4 years learning the trade from the bucket to start spraying plaster from a paint machine..
There is zero skill envolved apart from be consistent when spraying the material..
So what if you don't need to be a plasterer to spray this gear, I honestly don't care.
Plasterers used to nail laths to timbers before they started applying their lime, you didn't need to be a spread to nail on strips of wood. Things change.
Mono has been mentioned, well personally I don't think that you need to be a proficient plasterer to do a decent job with it, but if you don't touch the modern render materials you'll find yourself doing less and less rendering for sure.
@Curry thanks for your input, especially your videos, actions speak louder than words.

No you won’t you ignorant c**t!

Ahhh in the nick of time is see Andy is still here

A true voice of reason

Steve ...it's Taylorhoncho...:rolleyes:...he's old school:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
That’s right you keep doing what you enjoy mr “know it all”
0BF246AF-9A8D-4507-A370-8BC9D138391C.jpeg

So what if you don't need to be a plasterer to spray this gear, I honestly don't care.
Plasterers used to nail laths to timbers before they started applying their lime, you didn't need to be a spread to nail on strips of wood. Things change.
Mono has been mentioned, well personally I don't think that you need to be a proficient plasterer to do a decent job with it, but if you don't touch the modern render materials you'll find yourself doing less and less rendering for sure.
@Curry thanks for your input, especially your videos, actions speak louder than words.
What the f**k has nailing a lath to a timber got to do with spraying plaster from a paint machine????
I’m f**k**g sure those boys would be turning in their graves if they heard you say that??
Basically you have just made your self look like a right c**t Andy....
Those men were “skilled” unlike these monkeys spraying this f**k**g shite..
I thought you were a good egg and I know you know what you are talking about so what’s with the “sheep” approach??

What the f**k has nailing a lath to a timber got to do with spraying plaster from a paint machine????
I’m f**k**g sure those boys would be turning in their graves if they heard you say that??
I thought you were a good egg and I know you know what you are talking about so what’s with the “sheep” approach??
another thing Andy if you had picked up on this thread this is f**k all to do with spray render??
It’s the internal airless system...
You need to get your facts right before you start blowing your pipes my old m8

Why are you so angry about it all?

Rossi46 I don't appreciate being called a c**t.

Just so you know I'm still using the plasterers forum app on my mobile. This appears to no longer be supported by the forum software? @Danny

Anyways I'm not getting notifications or messages unless I logon to the website via a web browser which I've only just done.

Was happy to help but that's not happening because apparently I'm a c**t

Why are you so angry about it all?

Rossi46 I don't appreciate being called a c**t.

Just so you know I'm still using the plasterers forum app on my mobile. This appears to no longer be supported by the forum software? @Danny

Anyways I'm not getting notifications or messages unless I logon to the website via a web browser which I've only just done.

Was happy to help but that's not happening because apparently I'm a c**t

He’s right you do sound like a boring c**t..

You bore me

Why don’t you and all your merry men f**k off ..
If all you are worried about is your app not working properly for the forum then you have obviously got f**k all important going on in your life..
As for all your followers “mr boring” they can piss off aswell..

Im not worried about a app not working rossi46 is.

He didn't get the information that he wanted from me and that makes me a c**t.

I have no idea what your problem is

Wow where has that come from?

I’ve messaged you about advice on a few things in the past. More recently on airless Plastering. You’re obviously good at what you do and there aren’t many people I ask for advice from but when you never bother to answer it just pisses me off. I won’t bother again!

I’ve messaged you about advice on a few things in the past. More recently on airless Plastering. You’re obviously good at what you do and there aren’t many people I ask for advice from but when you never bother to answer it just pisses me off. I won’t bother again!
M8 forget talking to this iddiot he is up his own arse ..

You got to move with the times, plastering like any trade moves on with different techniques, materials and the like.
When I started out we did loads of sand cement renders, float and set, now I don't do any plastering and very little sand cement rendering. All I do is ewi, thin coat renders and mono because that's the market, slating the fella for taking up new methods when it clearly works for him is short sighted.everything on new build is speed and cost, airless plastering clearly has a place, doesn't matter If your time served, done a course or not.