Keep or sack

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get rid, defo!! If you are 24 and cannot eat quietly then you should be shot! F*****g hate noisy eaters and tea slurpers. Used to work with a guy who only ate buttered rolls, F*****g noisy c**t!! I mean, how is that possible? All ties cut.. :)
Bullet the c**t...

My brother worked for a landscaping company that employed a 20ish year old girl to do light duties, she was nuts, mowing lawns starkers is just one of many,they all used to argue who was giving her a lift home they all went through her at some point, could be the way forward these female labs;)
I dont believe that,Any pics to prove it Ha Ha

To be fair he isn't on his phone, I warned him of that when he started.

It's like he's there because his mum and dad have told him to learn a trade.

Iv tried all angles, customers points of view, imagine it's your own house, nothing going in.

Other things he's done, washed out plaster buckets on someone's block paving (docked him £10), shook sheets full of wallpaper all over the end of a street (neighbour pulled me and gave me a bollocking)

His excuse for the sheets and wallpaper trick was I told him to shake the sheets off.

Tools get fooking launched into back of van, when I ask him for something he can't find it because it's a mess, keep back of van clean endless times in told him.

4/5 hours to fill a mini skip (3 yards)

Daren't get on the scaffolding on his first job (ragged him up and shook it showing him it wasn't moving anywhere)

PVAing the middle of walls and not the edges

Doesn't understand that scrim goes into the angle, either puts it on wall or on ceiling, not into angle.

Honestly mac,

You have a tosser there mate!

After this long and that much patience that you have shown he ain't gonna improve. Sounds like maybe his focus is elsewhere (usually gear).

Had loads like em. Very very rarely do they turn it round and end up any good - and then they usually let you down.

Now what I'd do is start another lad - on trial as well. If he's ever gonna be any good a bit of competition will bring it out. If he's not interested, he'll walk.

Don't waste your time with a waster. It's a hard enough job as it is.

@Rigsby has shown me where he buries his s**t labourers so I'll be taking the spade to work on Friday.

Lol @dieselpower Iv never been so disappointed when a customer brought us a plate of biscuits out than I was yesterday, I actually recorded the c**t so he could listen, I can't upload video, you just hear him slapping chops then me saying "you slap your f**k**g chops at end, it reyt annoying"

I had one that was doing well, I gave him a couple of days on the trowel with me watching him ( had to get on it a few times as was rough - but as to be expected) finished the week saying "your getting there but a way to go before doing you're doing jobs on your own though" then the next thing he's set up on his own. Called me a week later asking for help on a skimming a stairwell wall and a 4x5 artex ceiling also rendering a

Didn't mean to send that. Anyway told him to do one! They just don't want to learn the basics is what I've found! Hopefully for a good one now!

So what should I do...

A. Run him over and pretend it's an accident

B. Push him off scaffold and pretend it's an accident

C. Staple his mouth shut due to eating habits, bury him alive and pretend it's an accident

D. Sack him and s**t on his doorstep

lets face it at 17 -21 most of us knew it all and everyone else was a tosser ,by time you reached yer mid twenties you"ve either wized up or its been knocked out of yer . hes either about to be reborn into the world of reality or hes always gonna be "special" lol, either way our time on this planet is precious !!! how much do you wanna invest /waste ? i know my answer to it but we are all different and many levels of tolerance.

f**k letting an apprentice mix up as his 1st job, mixing up is further down the line imo

I had a lab work for me at 24 and still at home. At the time long term unemployed and his single parent mom told him to get a job or get out. He started ok but got fed up. Started taking days off so off he went.

But getting someone who can take the s**t rendering brings isn't going to be easy.

My lab is thick but is now reliable and works hard. He f**k*d me so bad last week i quit the business. I slept on it and came backnext day but he resigned. Oh.... f**k! So we kissed and made up. He made a mistake, a new one, a one off. But better the devil you know. I know his limits.

Going through all that re- training with a new one? No thanks.

Good luck with this one Chris.

Apprentices can't hack it though. You invest time and then they quit.

I would go down the CITB route and get a subsidy . Not easy this problem, mac-plas is probably got brains between the ears and somehow became a plasterer? Getting a lad to learn plastering with a conscience is going to be hard. Most don't give a f:#k!

The labs I got on the tools, the good ones, get to a point they do not want to labour anymore, then you have to up their money accordingly and take on a new monkey. But is there room for 3?

The labs I got on the tools, the good ones, get to a point they do not want to labour anymore, then you have to up their money accordingly and take on a new monkey. But is there room for 3?
Of course, it's called expansion you can't make it on you own.

eats like a seal having a stroke! :LOL:

What a mither! I would bin him. I feel I've worked too hard to try and build something over the last five years to have someone else f**k it up. I'm sure this feeling must be ten fold for everyone who's being doing this a damn sight longer. I had a few people come and try plastering with me. No one was right until i met Ni of Tomboy Plastering. Same years of experience and we just cracked on. Great banter. Have now formed limited company together. We'd take on an lab but if not right in first few weeks they'd get binned. My business is my pride

What an opportunity
employing someone is to make your life easier For you
Tbh there's all the foo!k!! same !!!

The key is to interrogate them thouroughly first then have s*x with them and their mums or and dads too !! That will instantly put an end to any shoddy attitudes ;)

If his mate has rung you why dont you get him in while the lad is on holiday
see if he has got potential then make a decision you never know the other lad might be
the right one, I made the mistake of training a nephew and reading your post just brought it all back i feel your pain in the end i did,nt want to sack him so i managed to off load him to another spread who sacked after 2 months saying what a waste of space plastering and rendering is a full on job cant be learned in 5 mins but thats what all the learners want a short cut and cant be bothered with the rest of it like cleaning,and taking care of tools and equipment.

Load of rubbish.plenty of young lads out there that are good.
Yup no doubt! & as a employer ... my quote should of said the sh!!!!t you have to go through :muyenojado:to find a decent lad who wants to graft ,& wants to learn ! ..... rather than not turning in , or constantly on his phone / smoking , or asking what time are we packing up to name a few .

Status
Not open for further replies.