Kango sds drill for removing render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
My SDS drill came to the end of its life today, so I popped down to screwfix and bought this

DeWalt D25123K-GB 2kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 230V | Screwfix.com

I was removing hard render with 40mm chisel and it packed up after about 4 hours. Chisel kept popping out of the chuck.

So I took it back and got a refund, thought I'd do some more research.

I'm looking for something lightweight but with high impact energy that is going to last!

Any recommendations?

That dewalt you bought from screwfix is to light duty to be constantly on chisel you need somthing bigger makitas are always a good breaker

i dont think its heavy pretty comfy with the front handle thats the type of thing you need mate lighter stuff will just keep burning out

yeah they will weigh a tonne after a few hours, and you'll get tingling in your fingers, followed by numbness.

get some ear defenders

Thanks m8 will look into those will have to buy second hand though damn expensive new!

I think you may have just been unlucky with your drill, perhaps it was a friday afternoon one. I have pretty much the same drill, about 3 years old and have spent days chipping old render with a 40mm chisel. It's my second de walt 2 kilo, the first one i was drilling with the back of the drill touching some fresh concrete and it vibrated water up through into the motor and burned it out. I know the feeling of ringing ears from a day's chiseling!

I find an Sds is to light and to slow, get a proper breaker, hilti or kango provide the correct weapons for the job! If you have enough work for it, they pay for themselves after a few jobs:RpS_thumbup:

I've got the same as jackom. Good bit of kit. All that needs doing now and then is sharpening the chisels. Nowt wrong with the drill.

weve used all sorts of chiping hammers over the years, ive had a kango, a makita one,etc, they all dont seem to last
the best way weve done it is to buy a cheap one and get rid if and when it packs in.ive got a clarke one from machine mart , give about 50 odd quid for it, had it years and its had some abuse over the years.

just hire one and if it piles in take it back and get another........simples.........:RpS_wink:

them cheap clarke ones are alright for taking off old plaster. I got one with a tile remover that works well. I wouldn't get it on some really hard render. It'll just overheat, and then burn out.

them cheap clarke ones are alright for taking off old plaster. I got one with a tile remover that works well. I wouldn't get it on some really hard render. It'll just overheat, and then burn out.

luck of the draw i guess,
ive had that one for about a year, and only used it on render,and its still thirsty for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.