K Rend

claremont

Hi
Just about to render house using K 1 spray white and wondered whether it's still over night scrape or same day?
Used to use it all the time but have been on weber for last couple of years.
Most of it is on hp 12 base coat as well.
Thanks

Thanks guys I'm trying to find out whether your scraping same day with accelerator or leaving it overnight ?

Reactions: Mag
Horrible k rend that's sll you hete about it now is cracking and it's never krend fault never used accelerater on it just spray early and scratch late

I've heard some horror story's of late about k rend
Good luck!!

Erm, just done 300 bags of the stuff when it was warm. No bother. Over a dry base coat same day should be ok, if weathers middling to warmish just mist over the base coat with water to stop suction drying it out too quick. Might get the odd little split if you don't, keep a lump of render from the spread on the scaffold to use to fill em in before scraping same as you would any hollow you get.

Last edited:
We done some k1 few weeks ago over hpx. Got in on by 830 n I told my mate we are in for a late one. We were in the van by 230!

We would start spraying ar 7am and finish by 10. 30 am and start opening it up at 3 pm finished about 7sh 120 mtr panels

Reactions: JNR
Thanks
Sounds like it's still the same to work with then.
There job is domestic and awkward and a lot of the elevations in the shade from adjoining properties so was wondering whether to wet base coat and try putting freeflo and do overnight.
Has anyone tried it?

f**k you @krend . Your reps are c**ts and your product is useless. And all you ever say is "it's cracked? Oh really? That's really strange this is the first we've ever heard of it"
Complete and utter incompetent c**ts

f**k you @krend . Your reps are c**ts and your product is useless. And all you ever say is "it's cracked? Oh really? That's really strange this is the first we've ever heard of it"
Lol all reps are tosser mate when things go wrong blame everyone Barr there stuff

Yeah we used to do tons of K 1 every week when it first came out but starting using weber and got used to quicker days and less hassle with material.!!
K 1 is a really good looking finish it's what you gotta do to get it there.
Thanks guys

Yeah we used to do tons of K 1 every week when it first came out but starting using weber and got used to quicker days and less hassle with material.!!
K 1 is a really good looking finish it's what you gotta do to get it there.
Thanks guys

There's a change in the wind over at Weber.....

All render can crack if the walls tell it to.

Just sprayed today which was a mistake and have gone for overnight.

Should be ok, but Silicone K1 needs a clamp able rotor and stator as it's just chewed a near brand new R&S up on my ritmo.

Sprayed Parex since last August no problems what so ever first k rend job and it's just done that.

Spoke to lord Les and he told me high content of silicone won't mix with water quick enough which causes bridging and fooks you from both ends.

Never had bother with rotor and stator with krend do you use the we jets spray attachment you put on ur water intake for using silicon krend ?

I don't get it either, if there's any lack of confidence in any product I'll give it a swerve, especially with monorex, pral m, sas, enewall, the choice is endless for scratch renders.

From what I've seen Krend needs far more mixing than other scratch renders I've used, could this be a problem with using it with a machine that doesn't mix it enough? I.e too much water instead of plasticity, which causes it to be heavier therefore more prone to slumping and shrinkage cracks??
Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've seen Krend needs far more mixing than other scratch renders I've used, could this be a problem with using it with a machine that doesn't mix it enough? I.e too much water instead of plasticity, which causes it to be heavier therefore more prone to slumping and shrinkage cracks??
Just a thought

Sound's right to me

Just a thought

You need to develop render for a living. You make it look easy!

The Silicone requires more mixing and a good push through the pump compared to the standard stuff, it always has. The clues in the name.

The Silicone isn't about the applicator though, it's about the punter.

You know, the people who owns the property you are working on?

You need to develop render for a living. You make it look easy!

The Silicone requires more mixing and a good push through the pump compared to the standard stuff, it always has. The clues in the name.

The Silicone isn't about the applicator though, it's about the punter.

You know, the people who owns the property you are working on?
no silicone in k1.