k rend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

khew3955

hi ive used quite a lot of krend in the last couple of years and always used the 15mm beads.ive always found problems with sagging on was wondering if any1 had used 10mm with basecoat and topcoat? thank

I'd always use 10mm I stick them so there always a bit thicker, if you're using 15 you're beads could be set 20

ive been tempted to try them (10mm) a few times now but k rend tech always avise against.straight on to blockwork the topcoat hangs but onto the basecoat ive found it struggles,thanks

K rend when applied too thickly will slump so it really needs 2 passes imo. How large are your areas and how many are applying ?

a area of around 50 metres and 3 plasterers aplying.weve had 2 labourers so there no waiting aroung.tbh ive used about 1000 bags of this stuff in total and been over to krend themselve for a heads up but finding the product hardwork.the scraping back is either very late or a nightmare the next day

Yep been over to Kilwaughter for the day myself. Its not a bad day but not much hands on. There are better renders to hand apply and ones that can be applied thicker and scrape back sooner aswell.

yeah we felt the same,the bacon sarnies were good tho.the problem we find as a small gang is that most of our work is renovation and private so nothing is flat and plumb.what render do u prefer?

Parex or Weber are far creamier and not as dead feeling if you know what I mean. Yeh they should make the plant into a big Cafe cos there renders c--- lol.

Used krend after a couple of years of parex and I couldn't believe how primitive krend is. I wouldn't use it for beading. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....krend is the coloured render equivalent of CPI general purpose compared to OCR or parmurex etc. should be £4.95 a bag then a dead feeling render stuck in the past ain't such an issue. Sorry krend.....Don't you listen or care about any feedback at all?? I for one will never use it unless it improves/comes down to its true price

I must aggre k-rend is a crap material I think it's all the silicone in it makes it slide I've seen it look really nice but for me you can't beat a bit of weber of Parex ,and yes it's crap to bead up with as well just falls everywhere I always have problems with it bloody stuff

spoke to k rend themselve today.reckon they have a excelerater that is on the market from next week if this help anyone.probably a typical k rend produced tho all talk and no action

got a ral number off them for a paint match a couple of weeks ago.paint was a completly different coluor to th render.it was like putting creame and white together

Used krend after a couple of years of parex and I couldn't believe how primitive krend is. I wouldn't use it for beading. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....krend is the coloured render equivalent of CPI general purpose compared to OCR or parmurex etc. should be £4.95 a bag then a dead feeling render stuck in the past ain't such an issue. Sorry krend.....Don't you listen or care about any feedback at all?? I for one will never use it unless it improves/comes down to its true price

been saying it for years,
they rely on being market leader so have got complacent with it.
you compare it against your quality renders ie parex, sto of this world and they smash it out of the park.
there backing gear is good tho hpx,and there r7. shame there flagship render is poor,

Is parex that much nicer to hand apply as getting fed up with k rend deadness

invest in a machine, applying mono render by hand went out with the cassette player.
Was thinking about a machine but not sure we will get enough rendering jobs in peterborough to warrant the cost of a machine out of interest how much would you look to pay for one

There will be a rep in or around your area Ashley. If you go on the Parex website you will find your area supplier .

Did a k rend 3 weeks ago and it has started to go grey in areas but only happened today but its been a really cold day , but the whole k rend was done right and applied at the ring thickness etc , just a bit confused 1st time something like this has ever happened ? Thanks liam

Status
Not open for further replies.