k rend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajackson

done a job with a builder in this stuff a bit ago layed it on rubbed it up with a poly float and scraped it back next day no worries. nice finish done a other job and got air pokets on it rubed it up looked fine but came to scrape back next day it had gone to far and got 1 or 2 little cracks wot the f**ks garn on?

kentbuilder just being a dick. that is k rend mate no 2 jabs are the same with it.

best way to do it is with a machine. by hand is just a joke.

i have never used the stuff, but where i'am working the guys said the team that did the house started at 6am- and were finishing at 10 pm that is some day but they could not leave it till the next day to scrach as it would have been to hard !!.......

i layed a job on and went back next day at 6am and was still to far gone. stil carnt understand how am getting these little cracks

Hi mate ive used this stuff a few times. u can only rubb it up when u can just put ur finger nail through it. so that wen u scratch it up it doesnt leave scratch marks. also i was shown to rule it of shortly after u put it on. but dont rule it of to much as it will tear abit like render. after one or two times over leave it till the next day. but get up nice and erly to catch it befor it goes of to much. also u may of got cracking if u didnt use the big rools of scrim in the sctratch coat. one more thing makeshore u dont go on to thick with the second coat because that creates small little hair line cracks. as u know u cant re patch with this stuff. good luck on ur next go mate t

Ha Ha same here. Materials ordered,None anywhere in UK (apparently) so France it is,But they shut down the industry for a few weeks(apparently). Could have a bit of a wait then. Anyway Rich, ive tried ringing you a few times. You ignoring me.

Ha Ha same here. Materials ordered,None anywhere in UK (apparently) so France it is,But they shut down the industry for a few weeks(apparently). Could have a bit of a wait then. Anyway Rich, ive tried ringing you a few times. You ignoring me.

nah, not unless boro beat the owls next season, then I might.
Phone goes that often through day, I tend to leave it in van. I must not have your number in my phone with your name, send us a text and ill save it. What you after anyhow?

all the base was meshed defo no go the next day think it wants putting on first thing in the moring and scratched back early evening. rubbing up with a poly foat before do you think this is doing it no good letting the air in maybe and sending it quicker ,i just rub it up with a poly float so its easier to scratch back.

I ordered some weber pral the other week and they told me they had to get it from france cos it was an odd colour and didnt stock it....i thought they were pulling my pisser cos it was gonna take 3-4 weeks so maybe they have shut down......and the weather has picked up..........froggy wankers

Boring, no offence but unless you know what you are doing this stuff can be s**t it has been discussed many times on this forum so check the archives xx

all the base was meshed defo no go the next day think it wants putting on first thing in the moring and scratched back early evening. rubbing up with a poly foat before do you think this is doing it no good letting the air in maybe and sending it quicker ,i just rub it up with a poly float so its easier to scratch back.
you should just leave it ruled dont bother with the float

How much do you give for pral m or monorex? What about beads aswell? Cheers.

i get pral for £12 a bag(Inc) and the beads are about £3.75 ish . rendaid about £22 and a roll of mesh is £60...........i dont do much coloured render to be honest marra..........I like using them cos they are pretty local and i can take any gear back i dont use for a refund......:RpS_thumbsup:.
where in the uk are u

I,m near Middlesbrough. Just wondering what other people pay at different stockists in the north, especially Parex. Got quoted £82 plus vat for DPR sandcourse.

As Gibbo says don't float it, I just rule it off fill hollows, then use I section, then rub back. This time of year get it all on by 10:30 rub about 7pm. Fingernail to check whether ready.

I,m near Middlesbrough. Just wondering what other people pay at different stockists in the north, especially Parex. Got quoted £82 plus vat for DPR sandcourse.

like i said marra dont do much coloured render........WTF is a DPR sand course..........:RpS_laugh:

im just a sad bugger that knows more or less all the parex range off the top of my head, due to it being all we mainy use these days.
we use a lot of the fine stuff [1mm] aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.