K Rend TC 15

User________removed

Private Member
Does anyone use this gear and is it any good ?

Which of the two basecoats TC 4 or TC 2 would you use with the Tc 15 top coat ?

I've used Jub in the past, and using Johnstones at the minute, but my local merchants deal with K Rend so wondering if this is a worthy alternative !!

Cheers

i used hp12 for base on masonary and tc topcoat. didnt like the topcoat at all. colour kept seperating. basecoat bit rough on the trowel

I don't have a clue what TC2/4 are we've used loads of HP12 on all sorts of substrate though and never had a failure

I think the TC15 is decent did this last summer in it on a hot day and didn't skin over too quick

Attachments

• IMG_7406.JPG
    IMG_7406.JPG
    833.3 KB · Views: 419
I'm using prorend's uniform texture
It's a small grain,probably 1.2mm so I'm getting 10m2 to a bucket.
17kg buckets mind
It's around £3 a m2 and a nice product to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a clue what TC2/4 are we've used loads of HP12 on all sorts of substrate though and never had a failure

I think the TC15 is decent did this last summer in it on a hot day and didn't skin over too quick

Thanks for all the replies.

@thebearbeef I think the TC 2 and 4 are their two bagged basecoats, but i didn't know which was which mate.

TC2 and 4 is their coloured Mineral Thin Coat. Not bad stuff to be fair. 70 a bag someone has mentioned sounds a tad steep.

Cheers Jim

The page i was on it looked like a grey basecoat, just seen a vid of it going on makes more sense now. The mineral must be bagged and the silicone bucket.

So how cheap is k rends normal basecoat ?

Cheers Jim

The page i was on it looked like a grey basecoat, just seen a vid of it going on makes more sense now. The mineral must be bagged and the silicone bucket.

So how cheap is k rends normal basecoat ?
No more than £10, I've used hp12 alot but on a scratch tender not a TC, weatherby/heck is a much nicer base coat to use for a thin coat imo

I'm using prorend's uniform texture
It's a small grain,probably 1.2mm so I'm getting 10m2 to a bucket.
17kg buckets mind
It's around £3 a m2 and a nice product to use.

It's good gear, were using it and getting similar, there base lite product is very good also.

i used hp12 for base on masonary and tc topcoat. didnt like the topcoat at all. colour kept seperating. basecoat bit rough on the trowel
We used the tc on a big job last summer, I had a similar result, it just feels cheap. The hp 12 (and hpx) is a great product, but most of k rends other output is dross.

We used the tc on a big job last summer, I had a similar result, it just feels cheap. The hp 12 (and hpx) is a great product, but most of k rends other output is dross.

I've not used loads of the TC but i think there dash receiver is the best out there. Thats what we usually do on private work.

The top coats are all much the same to me, not a fan of any of it really

It's good gear, were using it and getting similar, there base lite product is very good also.

Yes it is decent.not sure about getting 4.5m2 per bag mind.
Think we are getting around 3 although we are getting good prices due the size of the job!!!

I've had paint do that when not mixed properly at the shop, never had it with renders though. Was it factory coloured or tinted at a shop?