K rend over pebbledash n paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsr

Hi, I've got a house to do in k rend scraped finish. The front and side are pebble dash. The back is painted brick. Anyone tell me how to go over it? Ans the thicknesses? The customer insists on not taking of the pebbledash and to be fair I've checked and it seems quite solid. Please help! Cheers

Give him a price to remove it ,if you go over the ("quite solid ") dash and it come off ,we all know who he will blame .

Scabble 5 points to every m2, to break painted surface, base coat with mesh, mechanically fixed, 5 fixings per m2,and top as normal.

I'd rather scabble paint back any day of the week, to a fist size,than hack off old render, takes prob an hour tops to do a 50m2 gable. Mesh is quid a metre, base coat is is easy enough to apply. Box of fixings at £20 would be ample and would take approx 1hr to pin.
It would take you an age to hack off and remove, and cost more over the above.

how do i fix these fixings to walls? is this for over the dash, paint or both? cheers lads

oh are they just hammer fixings gibbo that you use to fix laths? drill and hammer them in? whats ewi keith? just thinking if the dash was to be removed could i get away with using k rends version of sbr think its called rx7 and then just applying the topcoat straight over, or if i go with parex using there microgobetis? cheers

do i base, then mesh, then base again and fix or do i mechanically fix mesh first and base over it?

do weber push you to use basecoats keith like k rend do? all they seem to say to me is base base base. but parex say most of time i can just use microgobetis. what do weber spec most of time on the likes of house brick?

9 times out of 10 we do not use any base coats ,have a look at the weber site if that helps

you can use micro but parinter is a basecoat for going over painted substrates put it on embed mesh when gone off put some mushroom fixings in just to be safe then topcoat fcuk krend and weber off parex is far superior

Gibbo, not used Parex to date. What would be your preference using Parex for machine applied plain finished render, floated&sponged on block.

I take it, it would still require 15mm beads without a base coat and 10mm if using base?

As long as the paint is in sound condition with good adhesion and you follow all the recommended guidlines, you shouldn't really have any problems.

We have done loads over painted surfaces in the past, and never had an issue, plus we have alway received warranties and backup from our render suppliers. So if it did go tits up, we're covered.

Gibbo are they called mushroom fixings in builders yard? How often do you use basecoats same as Keith 1 out of 10 jobs?

Gibbo are they called mushroom fixings in builders yard? How often do you use basecoats same as Keith 1 out of 10 jobs?
get them from direct building products and i use a base on 8 out of 10 render jobs i do and ive done loads over dashing thats painted no probs yet

oh. i do like a thigh. but personally in a caserole.

have you ever tried chicken stuffed with black pudding, cream and cherry tomatoes?? apparently its an Irish dish. the girl i was seeing from limerick made it for me and its really nice, even tho it sounds a bit odd

sorry gibbo i only use weber and they say no to going over paint ,any info you have would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.