K rend over old sand & render painted

Mag

Been asked to quote around 100m2 over cracked painted sand & cement but the customer doesnt want to hack off old render . I'm saying stainless Steel mesh but that's gonna be £££ . Any other suggestions ?

Last edited:
I posted a similar question to the renddring/machine group on facebook. On my job the render is on brittle cinder block so you just destroy it using a small breakrr/kango as the render is rock hard.
They suggested a parex product called parinter and it can be used as a scratch base coat then top coat over that or you can finish flat with a sponge float?? Id do a test piece first mind you.
@plasterjfe

If it is K Rend they want then a K Rend rep will spec

I would guess apply an algicide leave for 24 hours. Pressure wash off the surface. Apply hpx and scratch.

Mono fully meshed.

I would be tempted to fully mesh the hpx though and pin that mesh back to the substrate.

Parinter is made for this type of work where possible. The render and paint must ne in sound condition and well adhered as its only as good as what your going onto. (if the paint os delaminating or the render is failing its not going to be a magic fix im afraid.

Parinter burns itself to the paint and can then be finished with monorex on top or finish the parinter smooth and finish with acrylic texture.

I prefer the last option as the whole system is thin and very light weight over the top

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I posted a similar question to the renddring/machine group on facebook. On my job the render is on brittle cinder block so you just destroy it using a small breakrr/kango as the render is rock hard.
They suggested a parex product called parinter and it can be used as a scratch base coat then top coat over that or you can finish flat with a sponge float?? Id do a test piece first mind you.
@plasterjfe
The problem is someone's else has k rended some of it already so he wants it to match it but that was on block work . One section has been done over the old part and it's got a few hair line cracks in it . Could be a mare of a job as I told him it's only as good as what your going over ?

If he wants krend u could do parinter base still.
If you want back ups and a spec i think krend will go down the hpx fully meshed and pinned route with krend on top.

If its cracking on the old stuff already i would tell straight its likely to come through all over. Either that or back heel the job.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Been asked to quote around 100m2 over cracked painted sand & cement but the customer doesnt want to hack off old render . I'm saying stainless Steel mesh but that's gonna be £££ . Any other suggestions ?
I think the cost to remove the render will be cheaper then going over it TBH ,and we all know its the best way .

I have a council estate near me what had 30's wet dash on. Loads of black muck under the eaves.

The contractors was supposed to algicide and wash the wall down. Did they eck!

Straight over with some sticky base render, meshed and pinned back. Dash finish.

That was 6 years ago and there was probably over a hundred of them. Not one failed to date.

Sods law though it would if I had cheated.

K rend specified stucanet over painted brick work/render. Then 10mm uf fiber base then 10mm k1. We have a job to do with it in a few weeks.

The stucanet galvanised isn't that bad on price compared to standard mesh.

Reactions: Mag
Stucanet can do a job but not sure if its better ro hpx and fully mesh with pins. The stucanet can be mechanically fastened solid and only has half the metal of lath but a good render paper behind.