K rend cleaning going wrong ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdcram

Hello I was on here before Christmas with a render cleaning problem, the help was great I have and I quote "Scaped finish render(scratch Render). This is a through coloured monocouche render, scraped back with a nail float." Ivory in colour.

I am not a plasterer by the way, in some areas it was badly discoloured with black, green and orange mold, mainly where the rain hit it, once damp the render looks awful.

I was told not to jet wash, as this would destabilize the substrate

I have purchased some fungicidal wash from wickes, and applied to the dry render in some test areas, via a brush using ppe etc, just to see what it looks like. Following the instructions it then says let dry over 48 hours.

It has only been a couple of hours after applying the wash, but the render has badly discoloured to very dirty black where the orange mold was. I'll add some pictures ASAP

Is this just the fungicide working ?
Do I need to rinse it off with water after the 48 hours ?
Might I be better using a low pressure fan based jet washer ?

Any advice gladly taken, I do not want to use anymore of the wash for fear it might make it worse than it already is

Cheers Mark

IMAG0307.jpg

Hi thanks for the reply, sorry for being ignorant in these matters but what sort of pressure are you talking when you say low, I'm abit worried about the mess the fungicide has made and would like to jet wash, but I'll have to hire the kit, and I dont want anything ridiculous, as I have already been warned off from use a high pressure jet wash ?

K render

I have work out a very good way off cleaning k render
over the last 2years I have had good results my name is Dave Lewis you can phone me on 07846701030 01752 923368

Status
Not open for further replies.