K Rend - Application Query

Members online

Okavango

Hi. Unskilled client here. Does it matter what order K Rend is put on? Generally I see beading first, then scratch + mesh then top coat. Some seem to do scratch+mesh first then beading then top coat (even split on separate days depending on workload). If the procedure is split up like this, does the system still adhere together or is it fairly tolerant of such breaks? Gut feel to my unskilled mind would be to get beading, scratch and mesh all done on one day then the top coat at the next opportunity. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Not sure how else to describe it but basically it's the order of the base going on and if it matters if the beading and scratch coat are done on different days or if there is a set order to the process.

The only difference would be the size of the bead you'd use if I'm understanding you correctly. Bead on first would use a bigger bead

Not sure how else to describe it but basically it's the order of the base going on and if it matters if the beading and scratch coat are done on different days or if there is a set order to the process.
15mm beads on first then base coat or base coat on first then 10mm beads

15mm beads on first then base coat or base coat on first then 10mm beads
Excellent, thanks. And does it matter if there's any prolonged gap of a few days between each activity? I'm just a bit concerned with this cold snap coming up in a few days though that said figure its manageable and not excessive at this time of year.

Hi. Unskilled client here. Does it matter what order K Rend is put on? Generally I see beading first, then scratch + mesh then top coat. Some seem to do scratch+mesh first then beading then top coat (even split on separate days depending on workload). If the procedure is split up like this, does the system still adhere together or is it fairly tolerant of such breaks? Gut feel to my unskilled mind would be to get beading, scratch and mesh all done on one day then the top coat at the next opportunity. Any advice appreciated, thanks.
Don’t be worrying about it.Let your renderers look after it.

Are you in Botswana?

Nope not doing it myself and nope not in Botswana! Spoke to K Rend tech support and they say contractor preference, some do put the beading on between base and finish as someone had suggested above. Seems odd to me though - gut feel to me it'd be easier to get the beading on and bonded by putting it on with the base coat. Thanks for the feedback anyway, much appreciated.