k rend novice

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorhague

have to cover a small 2mx5m wall made up of painted/ unpainted brick, wooden lintels in k rend,
have some rendering experience but have never used this material.
am i correct in thinking wood to be treated/sealed with sbr then eml applied over it.
can i use sbr over whole wall then apply directly thin base coat darby/rule and scratch.
will i need to top coat/key then finish with the coat that you scrape back or would you recommend applying mesh and at what stage would you do this.
cheers.
trev

your out of your depth pal,
have a look through previous post on here, its been done to death has the application of monocouche renders.
you cant just render directly over wood,no matter what type of render your using, and what would the sbr do in any case?

correct me if i'm wrong, but sbr being latex based would seal the wood and therefore waterproof it making it impervious to water ingress removing swelling, shrinking problems.And the eml expanded metal lathing would provide the key making the treated wooden background suitable for plastering. pal

so your saying your gonna take the lintol out and totally seal itwith sbr, and how you gonna illiminate any bond between the wood , and the render to negate any expansion, flex and contraction

Status
Not open for further replies.