Status
Not open for further replies.
Render Systems said:
I personally wouldnt touch machine applied rendering
1. The cost of setting up £8k minimum
2. getting the work in to cover the expence
3. all the protection you need around site
4. the more you put on the more men you need to finish it

seen some spray applied multi finish done and wasnt impressed...

however if i get massive jobs i will hire a machine no probs... just to tight to buy one
YEAH I BOUGHT THE RITMO BY PFT A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FROM PFT NEAR WALES, GUY CALLED ANDY, THIS IS SOPPOSED TO BE THE MULTI FINISH FRIENDLY MACHINE. SOLD IT TOO ME FOR 6K GAVE ME 2HRS TRAINING AND SAID AWAY YOU GO SON. THE GEAR GOT TOO HOT AND SET ALL AT THE SAME TIME. IT WAS A MESSY EXPERIENCE AND I SOLD THE MACHINE AS QUICK AS I COULD AFTER A FEW JOBS WENT SOUTH. EXPENSIVE LESSON. SORRY BOYS BUT BY HAND FOR MULTI FINISH FOR ME. BUT IF YOU CAN GET YOUR CUSTOMERS TO AGREE YOU CAN USE THIS SMALL MACHINE FOR KNAUF ONE COAT PLASTERS AND EARN A FORTUNE FLOAT AND SET. KNAUF WILL TRAIN FOR FREE ON THERE PRODUCTS UNLIKE STO AND K-REND AND WHEN I SPOKE TO THERE SALES REP HE EVEN OFFERED TO GIVE ME A PALLET FOR FREE TO TEMPT THE CLIENTS. UNLIKE ME THEY WERE'NT SO KEEN. BUT I AGREE THESE MACHINES WILL BANG IT ON THERES NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT BUT THE WORK STILL HAS TO BE LAID-DOWN AND FINISHED.

I can see how frustrated you must have been spending that money and then being shoved out the door. If you had received better training and support its possible that you may have been more succesful with your machine.
My first few jobs were problem stricken and there was nobody but an ageing hippy i bought it of who could help me. He wouldnt get up till gone 12 and after his help it would be a case of tommorow will be better for a fresh start.
Eventually you get a day where it all goes right and you realise that these machines can assist you in plastering walls quicker.
The rest you pick up from using them all the time and learning from your mistakes.
When its raining wet k rend from 5 lifts up you hate the thing, but when the stuff is flying on the wall 5 lifts up you want to hug the dirty bitch

when we first bought one we had about an hours training if you can call two idiots who werent spreads showing us learnt alot ourselfs in the next 6 months there were times i wouldve smashed the thing to pieces but when everything is going smooth you wouldnt be without one we did a job we had a 3+1 gang and we would spray 120m2 of render in morning and the lab would be inside preping a flat we would then go inside and do two big hits and go back outside and scratch back

stuco-boy said:
Render Systems said:
I personally wouldnt touch machine applied rendering
1. The cost of setting up £8k minimum
2. getting the work in to cover the expence
3. all the protection you need around site
4. the more you put on the more men you need to finish it

seen some spray applied multi finish done and wasnt impressed...

however if i get massive jobs i will hire a machine no probs... just to tight to buy one
YEAH I BOUGHT THE RITMO BY PFT A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FROM PFT NEAR WALES, GUY CALLED ANDY, THIS IS SOPPOSED TO BE THE MULTI FINISH FRIENDLY MACHINE. SOLD IT TOO ME FOR 6K GAVE ME 2HRS TRAINING AND SAID AWAY YOU GO SON. THE GEAR GOT TOO HOT AND SET ALL AT THE SAME TIME. IT WAS A MESSY EXPERIENCE AND I SOLD THE MACHINE AS QUICK AS I COULD AFTER A FEW JOBS WENT SOUTH. EXPENSIVE LESSON. SORRY BOYS BUT BY HAND FOR MULTI FINISH FOR ME. BUT IF YOU CAN GET YOUR CUSTOMERS TO AGREE YOU CAN USE THIS SMALL MACHINE FOR KNAUF ONE COAT PLASTERS AND EARN A FORTUNE FLOAT AND SET. KNAUF WILL TRAIN FOR FREE ON THERE PRODUCTS UNLIKE STO AND K-REND AND WHEN I SPOKE TO THERE SALES REP HE EVEN OFFERED TO GIVE ME A PALLET FOR FREE TO TEMPT THE CLIENTS. UNLIKE ME THEY WERE'NT SO KEEN. BUT I AGREE THESE MACHINES WILL BANG IT ON THERES NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT BUT THE WORK STILL HAS TO BE LAID-DOWN AND FINISHED.

what settings were u using? was it the 110 or 240?

Status
Not open for further replies.