k rend and spray plasters

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi lads been bac on site a week now doin stairwells forgot how hard site work was forearms are hangin any way,
we are looking into these spray renders and stuff cos hand plastering is just now becoming tiresome just some questions is there a demand for these ?how expensive is the set up ? and do u have to b certified? any other comments would be helpfull we have used k rend before scabbled it and put lines in it like block work we were just shown on site by the spread who had the job seemed easy enuogh cheers lads ;D

I personally wouldnt touch machine applied rendering
1. The cost of setting up £8k minimum
2. getting the work in to cover the expence
3. all the protection you need around site
4. the more you put on the more men you need to finish it

seen some spray applied multi finish done and wasnt impressed...

however if i get massive jobs i will hire a machine no probs... just to tight to buy one

cheers render that was proberly the answer iwas lookin for we thought the settin up would be expensive and we did think the more render u put on the more people u would need to finish it there fore costin more etc etc..

georgemealy75 said:
cheers render that was proberly the answer iwas lookin for we thought the settin up would be expensive and we did think the more render u put on the more people u would need to finish it there fore costin more etc etc..

No probs mate... i have used machines a lot... when working in germany so they were supplied to us... dont get me wrong they chuck the stuff on very quick and are ok on big runs on one coat plaster as thats a doddle to look after... but where mono is concerned (in my opinion) if you cant make money hand balling the stuff... then dont bother

setting up not expensive ,also the machine cuts out on labour making the spreads job a lot essier, we spray (2 of us) between 50 and 70 m2 a day .try doin that by hand!

question for Render systems. How long would it take you to monocouch a new house approx 160 m2. how many men would be on site and what sort of money would they expect to earn. Be as honest as you can because i want to give a genuine comparison for this fella.

merlin said:
setting up not expensive ,also the machine cuts out on labour making the spreads job a lot essier, we spray (2 of us) between 50 and 70 m2 a day .try doin that by hand!
Hi Merlin i work on 25 - 30 per day if just me and 1 labourer I make enough from that and quite happy just depends on how much you charge eh ;)

its not down to me what i charge , the price is usually dictated by contractors, ;) you can get a brand new g4 plus gennie for 6 k, i got machine for sale for 2k you can buy a gennie for 2k, full set uo for 4k, not bad eh ;)

Render Systems said:
I personally wouldnt touch machine applied rendering
1. The cost of setting up £8k minimum
2. getting the work in to cover the expence
3. all the protection you need around site
4. the more you put on the more men you need to finish it

seen some spray applied multi finish done and wasnt impressed...

however if i get massive jobs i will hire a machine no probs... just to tight to buy one

have to disagree ive just bought a whole set up for just under 5 grand and thats a new genny if i were you mate id speak to some of the pft boys on here monkey or simps they have helped a few of us on here why do somthing the hard way when you can have a machine do it for you and mr render systems i think you need to open your wallet then shake away the dust and buy 1 to you no you want to

we can do 130m2 of mp75 easy , just 2 of us , i have personally sprayed 180m2 extension internerlly ready for skimming using cpi general render, skimmed A week later. Just like merlin said, how many 30m2 walls do you get and no contractor is going to pay for scaffold and watch you do just 30m2 a day. Machine work is the future, like it or lump it, outside of that you have just skiming jobs which are paying 180m2 and it wont get better because skimmers are now 2 a penny. The MP75 job we are doing at the moment is a school and the main contrator has a load of these large jobs in the pipeline, they have told us they dont wont to use float and set anymore, they want to do all there works with mp75 and the director of the firm was saying its the best plastering he has seen. Render systems, were not the ones who have a video of scrapping back render at midnight because it took so long to get on by hand .

glad you admitted to just being tight bender systems lol

you can buy a brand new g4 set up for £6850 including a genny

25-30m of render done by hand a day still hard work i can single handly spray 50m of mono a day and thats doing everything from bagging to spraying and ruling and finishing .....hawks are for the litle boys machines are for the men ;o)

george I recon you could get more on with a machine and cover the machine cost (I would say maybe wait until there is a steady forward of work in front of you before spending) but what you say about being knackered out etc maybe not your forearms but you will still prb be knackered from a days work its not the machine or the trowel its what you gotta get through on price that tires you

LOL
i could see that this post would get straight on some peoples nerves.
In his defense though render systems does say he is happy to put 30m2 on and he obviously charges a bit more its up to him how he does his jobs, he only gave his opinion.

Personally i have got the machine out for 6 bags in the past and think that any plasterer willing to spend time and effort mixing, carrying stuff to a spot and then humping it up the wall must be crazy when they can press a button and do it.
Regards mess...that mono crap is horrible stuff anyway when you're scraping back effing dust goes everywhere in the wind

i used to suffer badly with bad back constantly while float & setting 40/50m2 a day, since ive had a machine (2005) i can honestly say ive not suffered and i regulary do 50/60m2 of anything a day with ease!

iv been working on my own with machine over the last couple of months. have to say it is pretty hard without a labourer. def gonna try and get another.

but on my own iv been spraying 50m of mp75 a day, which im pretty new to and been doing bout 15-20 bags of hardwall and skimming up.

i def couldnt be knocking that up in a bath, shoveling onto a board and then pushing it up a wall every day.

how do you do it on youre tod nick, do you fill it up spray turn the nozzle off.....how long cn you get to rule etc?

if mp75 or hardwall i spray quite wet, i can get bout 6 bags in in 1 go. so load it to the brim, depending on wall size spray 1-2 walls. then rule. i norm end up leaving gear in machine for 10-15 mins while ruling.
then load up and spray again.

i can get a couple of average walls on in bout 10mins ish. so its still wet enough to rule

Ive sprayed and ruled hardwall while looking after the machine on my own never again i thought i was too much graft on my tod,

simplybesty said:
we can do 130m2 of mp75 easy , just 2 of us , i have personally sprayed 180m2 extension internerlly ready for skimming using cpi general render, skimmed A week later. Just like merlin said, how many 30m2 walls do you get and no contractor is going to pay for scaffold and watch you do just 30m2 a day. Machine work is the future, like it or lump it, outside of that you have just skiming jobs which are paying 180m2 and it wont get better because skimmers are now 2 a penny. The MP75 job we are doing at the moment is a school and the main contrator has a load of these large jobs in the pipeline, they have told us they dont wont to use float and set anymore, they want to do all there works with mp75 and the director of the firm was saying its the best plastering he has seen. Render systems, were not the ones who have a video of scrapping back render at midnight because it took so long to get on by hand .
It took so long to set as it was cold

simplybesty said:

you will also see that i said if needed i would hire a machine as there is no doubt they save a lot of work... i have just not needed one for a long time...

Hi Guys

I was quoted about £8500 - £9000 for new G4 and gen etc

As I'm still undecided about that mono I got asked to do, I didn't know you could hire a machine... where from?

p.s officially the jobs mine but might only want to do as a one off. The rates seem ok..

filters dirty solenoid got s**t in so when you turn gun off water keeps coming in

Status
Not open for further replies.