K-Rend Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravy

Hi all,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:

Took on a job for s+c rendering, after knocking off the existing render the customer says he has changed his mind and now wants K-Rend. I told the customer I wouldn't feel confident as I have never used K-Rend but suggested I ask around for someone who does it all day. Was put in touch with some lads (from a very trusted source) who came out and applied the render (by hand) to all 3 faces, the job looked ok at first glance but when they put on the rear face they scratched half of it the same day leaving the rest till the following (this has been flagged by the customer because there is a obvious colour difference and the quality is questionable). All efforts to contact them has gone unanswered.

Is there any way of completely going over the top of K-rend?

Regards - Dave

maybe bite the bullet,knock the back off and redo,i don't think its advisable to go over krend again with krend:RpS_thumbup:

scratching half a wall one day and then finishing it off the next is an absolute no no:RpS_lol:, were they jam roles or what? sounds like getting straight off at home time instead of looking after the job:glare:

Last edited:
You can apply an HPX basecoat to the exsisting k-rend then top again with 10mm of k-rend. you might have to do some fiddling on the upright angles though. HPX is expensive but it sticks like s**t to a blanket!!

although this may began as your job did the customer deal with them direct if so pass their details to him and let him chase them up, however if you cotracted out the job better to try sort it out yourself to the customers satisfaction so your reputation isn't ruined, i once had to scratch back k-rend that was only halve done but fortunately it was the next day and i went over the whole lot to maintain the same colour it was ok but not as good as it should have been good luck

Thanks for all the replies, this job has turned into a nightmare for me. The customer is refusing to pay until he is satisfied with the end result, rightfully so (the rendering was just a percentage of other work I had done at this house, tiling, plastering, re-pointing etc.).

I am going to try and spray Krend through my air Tryo gun and see what result that gives, failing that I could do with a local team to give me a price for correcting this mess, I am already losing out on this one, but just dont' want to suffer any more embarrassment.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again - Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.