Just walked off my job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our own work its completley different 4bag hits of top quality work good money and an enjoyment. Site work you have to take short cuts

I work for Bagleys me and the old man do two seven bag hits a day on skimming if the area allows it, and 25 bags float and set otherwise it aint worth doing it for them there prices are awful but they pay each week no problems. \site work is hard and you got do so much to make it pay sometimes its case of just chasing your tail no stopping.

I know thats what we felt we where doing but the rooms and cupboards where Fidely as duck. Still 12 bags a day one coat is going some. And to end up with 66 each for doing it is shite.

Proper on the hunt for better work now. Do u guys advertise? We always be alright with word of mouth but just got a website up and running and google adapted is costing about 20 quid a day with no calls. Any suggestions people?

it was 3 days by my self and 2 days with my brother.

when we got to the job we found out the 3 beds next door the plasterers where getting £980 and the only difference was a extra bed room in the eves up top, which was tiny so assummed in would be a 100 or so less.

2 beds upstairs both with cupboards, a bathroom, and a couple of airing cupboards in the lading. hall stairs landing. Downstairs was a lounge kitchedn another bathroom and some more cupboards.

we did 3 2 bag hits a day each.

proper dishearted by the whole thing to tell you all the truth, wanna jack it all inj but plastering the only u thing we all know, My old man is a plasterer and so was my granddad and not being in the trade would be rubbish.

At £22 a hit i think people are taking the ******* piss. I mean thats 300 squid a week and my van payments and insurance cost that a month.

maybe i shouldnt have walked feel a bit worried now but you have to say no at some point

This time last year me and my mate doing a 325sqm, 3 bed new build. we were on £2 sqm skim, so worked out £650 a 3 bed f in shite, before job started promised loads of cream, got there the hall way ceilings hadn't been tacked because the porches had no roof on em, crazy. Every site ive worked on have been back to front.
SLOG YOUR GUTS OUT FOR SHIRT BUTTONS.....

Crist i was getting £550 for a 2 bed flat last year on site...Was doing 4 every 2 weeks on my own with a saturdyay morning, 5 minute walk from my house to....Was loving it...

Status
Not open for further replies.