Just like to announce

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurrah did it go smoothly

Yeah pretty much. It was only a tiny little area about 10m2 of first coat which is going to be patterned and banded.
The setup and spraying went smoothly but got it wrong on the cleaning and managed to clog everything up with dry powder. Just took it home stripped it down, cleaned it and hopefully learned our lesson.

Best of luck Andy ,hope it goes well .......but have your phone on speed dial:RpS_unsure: when you need help

Last edited:
Is it the 240v model?

No the 110v powercoat version with the supposed conversion kit that doesn't actually do what you're told it will.

Best of luck Andy ,hope it goes well .......but have your phone on speed dial:RpS_unsure: when you
need help

Well we needed help but Les was off ill with no cover to help with advise when we needed it:RpS_thumbdn:

ah good stuff! although youve only sprayed a few bags, did it make your life easier?

Yeah putting on was quick but cleaning out seems a lot of faff compared with using a normal mixer. You can't leave a Ritmo with a few bricks turning in it can you.

Andy, Can you call stuart to help you. If not you are welcome to give me a ring the numbers in the link below.

Thanks for the offer Ian it's really appreciated and we may take you up on it some time.
Both Stuart and Les have always been very helpful with any queries but Stuart has a living to make on the tools so wasn't able to take our call straight away and Les just happens to be ill and off for the week. Stuart did get back to us soon as he could but we'd sorted the problem ourselves so all worked out ok.

And if it's that bad andy give me a ring and we can chat about fishing :RpS_thumbup:

Fishing is a distant memory for me mate as we're trying to get our extension back on track.

Yeah putting on was quick but cleaning out seems a lot of faff compared with using a normal mixer. You can't leave a Ritmo with a few bricks turning in it can you.

yeah just chuck some bricks in mate!

theres a nack to the cleaning out. should take about 5 mins to clean when your used to it

What's this conversion kit that doesn't work andy?

The mixing shaft both myself and Steve Currier were supplied won't work with render so had to purchase another one and we needed another water inlet thingy with a larger bore.

Hang on am I aloud to mention this? Oh yeah it's fine PFT don't sponsor the forum.

Lol could you spray thin coat texture finished with you're set up ?

Now you know I don't know the answer to that don't you lol.
I'm pretty sure Stu said that the Ritmo will spray just about anything but we'd need a different gun for acrylics.

The gun for acrylics is expensive but Stu has kindly offered to lend me his if I fancy giving it a go, which I definitely will in the spring on my own place. I have a little plan for the use of acrylics which I'm not sure they are currently used for.

Now you know I don't know the answer to that don't you lol.
I'm pretty sure Stu said that the Ritmo will spray just about anything but we'd need a different gun for acrylics.

Andy you will need a higher power compressor to spray acrlyics as well as the texture gun. Its going to be our next purchase :RpS_thumbsup:

Oh and we have been spraying alot of mp75 the past few weeks and got stuart to make me up a pimped up spray gun with a rotatable coupling and shut off valve. It was about £270 but well worth it

IMAG0326.jpg

We are using pft 6ft and 4ft light weight aluminium rules for the first and second rules, opening the surface and then after sponging using s*p*r*lex spats to lay the fats back in untill final trowel witha 6" brush and trowel. It then get a quick pass over the next day with s*p*r*lex spats to slightly polish the surface.

Last edited:
Andy you will need a higher power compressor to spray acrlyics as well as the texture gun. Its going to be our next purchase :RpS_thumbsup:

Oh and we have been spraying alot of mp75 the past few weeks and got stuart to make me up a pimped up spray gun with a rotatable coupling and shut off valve. It was about £270 but well worth it

View attachment 1694

Yeah I'd forgotten about the compressor to be honest Steve. I do like the look of the new gun, we were only saying the other day that a longer gun would be our next purchase.
When spraying render do you use the top or bottom water inlet? Stu said to use the top one when rendering, just as it shows on the PFT website but the new inlet bit that Les sent down was so long that when we turned the machine on......clang clang clang as the mixing shaft hit the end of the inlet thingy as it was just sticking through to far. We switched it to the bottom and everything went fine from then on but there must be a good reason why they suggest using the top inlet with render. This question isn't just for Steve but any Ritmo users.

long render gun with rotating coupling is essential for inside work. not sure on the reason for the inlets, i almost always used the top and its been fine. but tbh if it works then i wouldnt worry too much

cant you cut down/send back to les and get him to cut down or get a different inlet?

Status
Not open for further replies.