Just laid off me labs and the spread

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Chaps,

I have had to make the decision that cant keep them on, I have not had any work for over a week and it doesnt look like its gonna get much better.

Times are bad and I cant see them getting better, I am gonna be diversyfying my skills now, only 145 days till I am off and I just cant afford to be not earning.

I just not getting the calls anymore, i was working evenings and weekends for months then nothing!

Danny

can undertand mate, i have had a couple of jobs but they are done and dusted with now.
did a nightclub on mon & tues the guy owes me money and says he pay me tonight at 5pm.
got a funny feeling he not going to pay up.

times are very hard tho

Thats bad news lad , work is really getting tight for everybody, the worst thing about it the dole gives you nothing if you been self employed and there so few jobs out there! if you have no savings your fooked, you have to cling onto the hope it picks up in the new year but whats the chances of that? :-[

I know I might have to sign on, I hate the idea but I cant do nowt about it.

You guys are gonna notice a lot more advertising on this forum over the next few weeks to help see things through.

Good luck chaps

Danny

I know I might have to sign on, I hate the idea but I cant do nowt about it.

You guys are gonna notice a lot more advertising on this forum over the next few weeks to help see things through.

Good luck chaps

Danny
Danny are you self employed if so you will get nothing when signing on only pay for your national insurance stamp

Not really trowel lad it just keep you right, we pay a class 2 stamp dosent cover you for the dole you need to be paying a class 1 stamp

i might just stop paying NI and put the money in to a savings account instead

Unfortunatly by law we have to contribute to the ni system or they will take you to court my friend

Danny have you thought about registering with insurance companies . I did this and we get alot of work off them. I also think it is the time of year with christmas coming up. As i say regiter your services with the insurance companies and i am sure you will get quite abit of work . I have at least 4-5-calls a week and cover an area of 60 mile radius from home. Hope this helps mate it will get better it was the same in the early nineties . Give it a whirl anyway and see what happens once your in you have cracked it. what tends to happen is the client rings the insurance once the job is complete they ask about the work you get a good report and then you go higher on the list . take care

HELLO flaz when i get back on sunday i will email you some phone numbers mate just register with them and that is basically it after a few questions and refrences. as i say they know where the work is and there is always accidents, and alot of there clients dont know any plasterers and also it put there mind at rest if the insurance company have reccomended you .CHEERS MATE. speak soon

Hello Chaps,

I have had to make the decision that cant keep them on, I have not had any work for over a week and it doesnt look like its gonna get much better.

Times are bad and I cant see them getting better, I am gonna be diversyfying my skills now, only 145 days till I am off and I just cant afford to be not earning.

I just not getting the calls anymore, i was working evenings and weekends for months then nothing!

Danny
Yep, I’ve no work at the mo :( . Question Danny, is the web design side quiet too?

Unfortunatly by law we have to contribute to the ni system or they will take you to court my friend

its voluntary i thought

Since when did paying a tax become voluntary

If your turnover is under about £4500 you cxan get a note from the tax man exempting you but otherwise it's compulsory. About £8 a week I think.

its voluntary i thought

Since when did paying a tax become voluntary

If your turnover is under about £4500 you cxan get a note from the tax man exempting you but otherwise it's compulsory. About £8 a week I think.

if your s/e you pay £2.30 a week or you can pay a volountary £8.30 a week which gives us the same benefits as if we were employed

Hello,

I am not a web designer, I can do it and do it very well but the time I spend on a site I strugglr to make minimum wage.

I was offering a few months back to do sites for you guys @ £250 a pop thats everything inc for 2 years hosting domain the lot.

Everything is taking a hit at the moment. I wouldnt normally worry but I am booking my flights @ xmas so there is a lot riding on the fact of needing to make the savings up.

lol

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.