just bought a Makits BFR750, screws?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerniki

Hi from a noob :D

do i have to use original Makita collated screws or can I use aftermarket?

any good sources for collated screws and driver bits?

Screwfix and trade point do them. They are under the drywall screws but don't mention they are collated. They just the ones that cost 15 odd quid while the non collated are 7.

Hi from a noob :D

do i have to use original Makita collated screws or can I use aftermarket?

any good sources for collated screws and driver bits?

As Warrior said you'll be hard pressed to find cheaper than R&J's but Leo Fixings can also be good.
Best of luck with you're Makita screwgun, you'll fecking need it!

gun works a treat, 3000 deck screws and one jam, result!

athough they state the guns spec as for screws 45-75mm, has anyone tried using shorter screws in it? got some drywall to do & 45 is a tad too long.

gun works a treat, 3000 deck screws and one jam, result!

athough they state the guns spec as for screws 45-75mm, has anyone tried using shorter screws in it? got some drywall to do & 45 is a tad too long.

You can change the head to the 25mm-55mm one, well worth getting one look online for prices. :RpS_thumbup:

I haven't got one Andy but was told you can get them cheaper than that. :RpS_unsure:
Works out cheaper than buying 2 screwguns :RpS_wink:

I haven't got one Andy but was told you can get them cheaper than that. :RpS_unsure:
Works out cheaper than buying 2 screwguns :RpS_wink:

£95 was the cheapest I could find from a company that actually had them in stock. I disagree that it's cheaper than getting two screwguns though. What you need is at least two screwguns of whatever size you use, so that when one jams up for the hundredth time that morning and you've thrown it out of the window you've got another one to carry on with. NO LOL!!

good idea, but £95 is the cheapest i can find to :eek: where as a whole gun can be had for £160, there's some nearly new used 'guns only' on ebay at the mo so think i'll see what I can snipe one at, least I have all the batteries and charger stuff :)

best of luck with you're Makita screwgun, you'll fecking need it!

a pal of mine purchased a makita screwgun and was having problems using it, i had a try and could not use it either, i will stick with our senco which always work

I find the shorter the screw the less they jamm I had a makita and was ok at first but it won't be long before it fooks up. Invest in a HILTI there the muts nuts

a pal of mine purchased a makita screwgun and was having problems using it, i had a try and could not use it either, i will stick with our senco which always work
I bought the same one as on here, problematic ,especially with75 mm screws

Status
Not open for further replies.