job today

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
went to price a job today. whole house been gutted and needs plastering. the bloke had knocked loads of lumps of blown plaster off all the walls.

he says to me can i give him a price to skim the house, but not for the bonding out. i said what u on about, and he says hes gonna do all the bonding!! i asked him if he had ever done it before and he said no, but u just put it on and find something to rule it with dont u?

what a c**t

Yeah, sounds like a right tosser, it would prob take an extra bag of multi per wall after hes finished .

nick0412 said:
went to price a job today. whole house been gutted and needs plastering. the bloke had knocked loads of lumps of blown plaster off all the walls.

he says to me can i give him a price to skim the house, but not for the bonding out. i said what u on about, and he says hes gonna do all the bonding!! i asked him if he had ever done it before and he said no, but u just put it on and find something to rule it with dont u?

what a (french person)
this is what happens in this climate people think they can save money..t.i.t.

nick0412 said:

what a (french person)

you should have said yes, a plasterer! haha what a cock

Was that job in liverpool? only say that as I went to look at a full house last week with exactly the same scenario.

price for skim and tell him if there is ant dubbing/prep needed then that will be extra.
If you get there and its schagged then tell him you cannot do your skim and whack an extra days money on top and spend the time fixing it.

Getting a joke aint it.Had a call today she says need a kitchen ceiling skimmed,1 wall skimmed,hole in another ceiling patch repaired and some new pipes making good,she says whats your day rate,i tell her,oh she says it wont be as long as a day!(yea right) So i say anything over 3 hours is a days work.ok she says ill get back to you.Just one of the many T***s who are calling at the min :mad:

i went and looked at one a few months back. wanted the kitchen ceiling doing. they'd had the house re wired and had chases all over the place. she said to me 'dont worry about them. my dads going to do them. i just told her to get her dad to do the ceiling aswell.

had a bloke ring me last night whos a 'builder' hes basically someone who enjoyed diy so thought he'd give it a go. hes my girlfriends boss's husband. hes asked me to do some work for him before, overskim 3 walls in a bathroom. job was about 10 miles away so said id do it for £100 plus mats. didnt want to go for f**k all but didnt want to go too expensive so he'd want to use me again. basically said i was too expensive. rang me again last night asking to skim 3 stud walls, both sides. hes boarded it and planned to tape and fill but he (i think the customer) has decided to skim it. i said it will be at least a days wages regardless of how much it is. so its gonna be a minimum of 130 without even looking at it. he said surely it depends how much it is, hoping for me to do it on a m2 rate. i said no its at least 130 if not more and i cant do it till saturday which he decided wasnt fast enough so i told him hes wasting my time and hung up. knobhead! told the mrs if her boss asks again just tell her not to bother me.

Just priced a job full house back to brick all ceilings boarded wants it floated with sand and cement and wants it spot on, i was recomended. Went in just under £5000 said i was too dear had a quote just under £3000 for cash, so i dropped a bit for cash but couldnt match the price no where near. The fella really wanted me to do it but having this other quote you cant blame him for goin for it so ive told him to keep an eye on them and bell me if he isnt happy. I explained if he had a quote for £1000 it doesnt mean he will get the job done and he understands he isnt stupid then tells me he had another quote for £1800 lol so hopefully get a a call in a few weeks, pitty he didnt get a few more quotes might of made my quote look reasonable.

steve cov said:
i went and looked at one a few months back. wanted the kitchen ceiling doing. they'd had the house re wired and had chases all over the place. she said to me 'dont worry about them. my dads going to do them. i just told her to get her dad to do the ceiling aswell.
:D :D :D Had loads like that :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.