Job quote help

joshplasterer

Hi guys first big job I've got to qoute, 145m, hack off, rerender and tyrolean finish, what would you guys qoute labour only? all help appreciated

Calculate how many days to hack-off and remove waste.
Calculate how many days to bead-up,
Calculate how many days for backing coats,
Calculate how many days for finishing coat,
Calculate pay rate x amount of days
Calculate cost of overheads, tools, equipment, van, diesel, insurance
Once you got the figures check you have not under estimated then multiply by 2.
Better to not have the job than underprice a job.

Calculate how many days to hack-off and remove waste.
Calculate how many days to bead-up,
Calculate how many days for backing coats,
Calculate how many days for finishing coat,
Calculate pay rate x amount of days
Calculate cost of overheads, tools, equipment, van, diesel, insurance
Once you got the figures check you have not under estimated then multiply by 2.
Better to not have the job than underprice a job.
Definitely and tyrolean is a slow process especially with the old school gun

No probs
B60307C1-5797-449E-91D9-1C799F213E21.png

Everybody asks for prices but really, per Bryan's advice, it's all about time, not money. So for newbie's and others guidance, instead of meaningless £'s - for a medium, say 1960's 3 bed semi, (never mind the billy big bollox boasting) - opinions on how long;
days to hack-off and remove waste.
days to bead-up,
days for backing coats,
days for finishing coat,
assuming fair weather and scaffold by others...
c'mon, about time this forum came up with something other than piss taking!

Everybody asks for prices but really, per Bryan's advice, it's all about time, not money. So for newbie's and others guidance, instead of meaningless £'s - for a medium, say 1960's 3 bed semi, (never mind the billy big bollox boasting) - opinions on how long;
days to bead-up,
days for backing coats,
days for finishing coat,
cheers mate

lots of thumbs up but no answers, c'mon don't be shy. There is bound to be a range of answers simply because of experience and how differently people work.

What you want to know?
days to bead-up,
days for backing coats,
days for finishing coat,

:LOL::LOL: Ffs what’s happening, is everyone on here from Yorkshire:LOL::LOL:

days to bead-up,
days for backing coats,
days for finishing coat,
Yeah I read it first time he's had some good advice and a few pulling his chain's guesstimateing every thing isn't the right way of doing it he could end up miles out

Yeah I read it first time he's had some good advice and a few pulling his chain's guesstimateing every thing isn't the right way of doing it he could end up miles out
To be fair I wasn't actually thinking of him, more an idea of how long it takes from everybody for a standard 3-bed semi. Then if somebody asks about money just point them at that & tell them to work it out for themselves.
Of course there's loads of variables, but it might even help some on the forum to think about whether their going about it right. Some of that sort of advice has helped me no end.
Some like yourself and say Owls & Essex Andy, have loads of experience and know-how. If some think they can do it quicker, or take a lot longer, then they might need to have a rethink/check if their pricing is right or to forget doing it at all.

To be fair I wasn't actually thinking of him, more an idea of how long it takes from everybody for a standard 3-bed semi. Then if somebody asks about money just point them at that & tell them to work it out for themselves.
Of course there's loads of variables, but it might even help some on the forum to think about whether their going about it right. Some of that sort of advice has helped me no end.
Some like yourself and say Owls & Essex Andy, have loads of experience and know-how. If some think they can do it quicker, or take a lot longer, then they might need to have a rethink/check if their pricing is right or to forget doing it at all.
Everything I do except knocking off is done by a meter price unless it's a job too small then it's time plush materials and costs

Everything I do except knocking off is done by a meter price unless it's a job too small then it's time plush materials and costs
I can see a lot of people might not break it down as much as Bryan suggests, but don't you at least think about how long the job will take? Even if you just price them all with a "standard" metre rate?

If he needs all that pointi g out to him wtf is he doing peucing that job up in 1st place...not guna end well for home owner us it
days to bead-up,
days for backing coats,
days for finishing coat,

Exactly my point Zombie, and for the homeowner coming on here and asking for prices - they can compare something with what the person quoting is suggesting, and decide if it's likely (time vs quoted price) or whether its a chancer. 'Course if they think spreads should be cheap it's their lookout.