job in brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckoon

hi, anyone interested in pricing/doing this render job in brighton. brickwork has been coated with rend-aid. small terraced property. materials supplied. cheers, alan 0792 6803818

Attachments

• tower 1.jpg
    tower 1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 477
I tried to create a New Separate Post.No PUBLISH BUTTON!!

I am seeking work in Brighton and seek to collaborate and work with Plasterer/Other trades.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I created and published a basic new website on Friday and created a Twitter Account Yesterday.

A number of services are offered to Home Owners,Landlords and Estate Agents,Lettings and Managing Agents and their clients.I have started promoting these services both by using the internet but also by making direct contact with home owners and the directors of Agents.Through my other endeavours I also contact architects and can find sites or properties that have planning consents for extensions,loft conversions,New Houses or multiple units.

When I am further forward I will be making contact with Main Contractors who undertake such projects.

My past dealings have found that some Main Contractors do not provide prospective new clients with the information that any prospective new private or corporate client "Reasonably expects" at the stage it is required.

In effect they negate any possibility of securing New Projects.

Testimonials are OK for small works,they are not adequate for £50,000 plus jobs.Had the last Main Contractor I sought to find projects for provided me with proper references that could have been verified and validated then I could have opened doors with architects and project owners.

Of course there are no guarantees,only that if certain procedures for getting new work are not adhered to then no contracts will be secured.NOT ALL PARTIES CAN BE BAMBOOZLED.

BS excuses and no receipt of references led me to cancel all my dealings with him.I will be targeting FMB members.

Maybe you know a credible Builder we can bring to projects.This will assure/protect your position.

A recent enquiry I received was to completely plaster 2 bedrooms in South London.It needs to be priced.I have to use delay tactics until I find a suitable plasterer to price and hopefully undertake such jobs.

Apart from the above,I seek to carry out painting all New Plaster Works.

I am based in SE London,but willing to go further field for larger jobs including,Brighton,Surrey,Sussex,Kent,Dorset.

Please provide me with your contact details so we can discuss matters in more detail.

Noel.

TonyM.

You are missing the point mate....................Ex Clients are of no use,unless they provide referrals and/or references that can be verified and validated by prospective new clients.

There is no shortage of Workmen.There are too many Bossmen/workmen chasing to few jobs.

Even you have History.

In case your UK New Business Development Director misunderstood my "Post" I/We/US are seeking new Jobs/Projects.

A.Painter/Plasterer Joint Ventures.

No Bob,I am looking for work...................have you got a problem with that?

You might not realise it or be lucky enough, not to need to realise it,but some of us have to make equal effort or more effort to get work than actually doing it.

My Mate an established Carpenter/Fitted Furniture maker told me he might have a job in July.........................

If you are one of the "chosen few" where you have continuous work at the rates you seek.Best Of Luck to you.

You must be on this because you are bored.

Deal or No Deal...............it applies to all prospective new customers.

sorry noel with due repect i appreciate we are all in the same boat with work, that said, i have sat and read through your pitch earlier, and tbh mate, it seems more like some medieval charter!!!!
i thought i was reading the magna carta!! come on buddy its 2015 go with the flow and get with the slang,
dont take this the wrong way matey but us plasterer types have lets say a "more concise" way of wording
i.e cut to the chase/how much/ and when will i get paid!!!! respect mate x x

Mark,
I have just "Ceased Contact" with some Silly Lady/Prospective New Customer who did not understand what is relevant or who could not get to the point.In all my endeavours I adhere to your last sentence!!...............AKA the "NITTY GRITTY".

I will write the Magna Carta another day.

The Prices Below are taken from a Plasterers website in London. I would welcome views or you/others.Of course there are lots of Caveats,SUBJECT TO Site visit etc........not unreasonable.

Ceilings from £150.00
One Wall from £150.00
Four Walls (Bathroom) from £300.00
Four Walls (Average Bedroom) from £400.00.

Whole Room from £450.00
Chimney Breast from £150.00
Whole Kitchens from £350.00

I seek to do the same for painting.

Best Wishes.

Noel.

So basically you want to establish a portfolio of tradesmen, so as you can cream a percentage off the top of their prices, under the guise of you getting them all this work through these "contacts"? carrot and stick comes to kind..........and by the way, thanks for hijacking my thread mate lol.

You have misunderstood it!!

By Joining forces with a Plasterer/s to seek out new jobs and offer a combined service there is an increased possibility I will get the painting job that follows.

Finally,do you know that Main Contractors make a profit?

You have misunderstood it!!

By Joining forces with a Plasterer/s to seek out new jobs and offer a combined service there is an increased possibility I will get the painting job that follows.

Finally,do you know that Main Contractors make a profit?
lol as the owner of a building company I know how to make a profit.........it was a tongue in cheek reply..........

You have embarrassed yourself my friend just as i knew you would from the very start of the thread!! And yes some of us are on here for a bit of fun whats wrong with that! Its up to me how i choose to use the forum! There is plenty to learn and its nice to offer advise now and again but ultimately i use it for picking up guys once you become a private member you will understand!! Right fellas!!!?:bananas::musculoso::reloco:

What about this? The only reason I published on this is because it won't let me publish a proper post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course it is SUBJECT to site visit,size of rooms,condition etc.
Plastering: 1.Painting New Plaster Work Only 2.New Plaster Work and Woodwork 3.Painting Walls,Ceiling,Woodwork

Ceilings from £150.00 £ £
One Wall from £150.00 £ £
Four Walls (Bathroom) from £300.00 £ £
Four Walls (Average Bedroom) from £400.00 £ £

Whole Room from £450.00 £ £ £
Chimney Breast from £150.00 £ £
Whole Kitchens from £350.00 £ £ £

All Joking aside it might give prospective new customers an idea of what works will cost and may reduce enquiries from those who are not serious or have the cash to realise the aspirations for their house.

Anyone seeking plastering work in these areas?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/11485833/The-new-map-of-middle-class-London.html

just to say that the original job ad/request has been done, as I have had two calls this week about it from guys on the forum, I appreciate your calls, and have logged your numbers on my phone, ta. the post is still going as it got sort of hijacked, so I didn't delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.