Jan pricing. Renoud to be quiet

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
Since the start of the year ive been asked to price 15 jobs ranging from bathroom refits, extensions, kitchen revamps, skim outs, garage render job, stone walls and a full house wrapped in stone. Even the job im on now(full kitchen/dining revamp with stoner stone wall diving it) the client has booked me in for a full bathroom refit, Full hall revamp with 8 oak doors,skirting etc.. full exterior insulation, a stone wall and a patio this year!

Sitting here going WTF! I was supposed to be slowing down this year and having the weekends to myself and maybe clock off at 4 on a Friday. Looks like itll be all steam ahead again this year!

Also heard that a few major builders in the UK went bust. Dont know how true that is but if it goes pear shapped again over there. MAke sure you horrible f**k**s stay where yas are because ill scouping up all this work and not letting no c**t get a look in!

Only kidding, yas can come work for me anyday but on my terms

Slave-labour-3-of-4-small.jpg

First time I,ve been quiet in bout 9 years . Built some bridges with a builder I fell out with a few years back so got full house to start next week . Just waiting on kick off on few other jobs . Gonna get out a bike over next few days and enjoy it . Should really do summet in house but It be here next year

Since the start of the year ive been asked to price 15 jobs ranging from bathroom refits, extensions, kitchen revamps, skim outs, garage render job, stone walls and a full house wrapped in stone. Even the job im on now(full kitchen/dining revamp with stoner stone wall diving it) the client has booked me in for a full bathroom refit, Full hall revamp with 8 oak doors,skirting etc.. full exterior insulation, a stone wall and a patio this year!

Sitting here going WTF! I was supposed to be slowing down this year and having the weekends to myself and maybe clock off at 4 on a Friday. Looks like itll be all steam ahead again this year!

Also heard that a few major builders in the UK went bust. Dont know how true that is but if it goes pear shapped again over there. MAke sure you horrible f**k**s stay where yas are because ill scouping up all this work and not letting no c**t get a look in!

Only kidding, yas can come work for me anyday but on my terms

View attachment 21205
f**k me don’t let Johnston see that

First time I,ve been quiet in bout 9 years . Built some bridges with a builder I fell out with a few years back so got full house to start next week . Just waiting on kick off on few other jobs . Gonna get out a bike over next few days and enjoy it . Should really do summet in house but It be here next year
Forget January equation,,,,im talking to a lot of good tradespeople and they have said same big drop in enquiries.and it happened before January,,,,i also seen big drop since November,domestic im talking about.could be local thing.
If you are busy then well done.

I sent a few messages other day and looks lime I.m gonna be swamped in a few weeks. When everything starts at once

I sent a few messages other day and looks lime I.m gonna be swamped in a few weeks. When everything starts at once
Yes it does go like that,,,,domestic market can be fragile its linked closely to service sector,,,,when people stop spending in shops our market takes a hit as well.

I.ve really been lucky at xmas . Last year had 8 house.s . I just do t worry anymore and enjoy as it dont last long

January has been dead as usual for us had nothing booked in until the 20th but it's coming in thick and fast again . I f**k*d off to Venice for a week nothing worse than sitting around the house waiting on a phone ringing.

Not been bad for me. I thought ahead in November and got a bigger one booked in for mid/end of Jan, had a ongoing hospital job to go back to that i still haven't finished. Just on the last couple of days of a damp/re skim job now ready to start the bigger one next Monday.

Got a screamer on the phone this morning who been put onto me by a lad I know. He's been let down massively by another spread and would like me to have a look, I'm contemplating weather to or not.....

I was absolutely bricking it last year when I was doing bits and pieces trying to earn some money.

I been away started back last Wednesday made a right f**k up and lost my phone on holiday with 6 new job enquiries in it , luckily 4 phoned back and just scraped a couple of weeks work together, went to 2 quotes last night one booked the other was a render so hoping weather stays warm like today now , tonight I went to 2 fresh quotes from calls today and both I thought were waste of time but if they phone to book in I’ll do them as I not in the flow yet and need the jobs tbh , January is always shite for me