Is this artex?

Members online

stu62

Hi,
Would anyone be able to advise on this.
Our bathroom ceiling has started to bubble. I'm not sure if the material on the roof is some kind of artex or other finish that might contain asbestos. I've attached a photo of the roof and a couple of a small flake that came off.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20161005_090610.jpg
    IMG_20161005_090610.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 392
  • IMG_20161005_090620.jpg
    IMG_20161005_090620.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 344
  • IMG_20161005_090735.jpg
    IMG_20161005_090735.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 366
Hi,
Would anyone be able to advise on this.
Our bathroom ceiling has started to bubble. I'm not sure if the material on the roof is some kind of artex or other finish that might contain asbestos. I've attached a photo of the roof and a couple of a small flake that came off.
Thanks for any help.
Bad ventilation in Bathroom always leave the window open when anyone is having shower or bath

Thanks for your advice. My next question is one regarding any potential danger - is there any to know by looking at it if it contains asbestos.
What would having it 'overboarded and skimmed' entail - would it be potentially hazardous?
W do leave the bathroom windows open, but with teenagers using the shower even this is not guaranteed to stop it getting damp.

Thanks for your advice. My next question is one regarding any potential danger - is there any to know by looking at it if it contains asbestos.
What would having it 'overboarded and skimmed' entail - would it be potentially hazardous?
W do leave the bathroom windows open, but with teenagers using the shower even this is not guaranteed to stop it getting damp.

to be honest... I reckon you could eat that ceiling and you would be ok... but get it checked if you are worried :D

The fact is not all artex has asbestos in it that's why such inconsistent readings it never actually went into artex that left the factory it was mixed in by blokes on site before they knew the dangers they would mix up and throw handful in but it varies from site to site and if I'm really honest amount of ceilings I've pulled down scrapped back and re boarded there is a chance I've got it but won't know for years,artex is a low risk anyway but saying that there is a risk,I wouldn't worry to much at what you got loads of us deal with it on a daily basis so think you don't need to panic

to be honest... I reckon you could eat that ceiling and you would be ok... but get it checked if you are worried :D
For me the cost of getting it checked outweighs my worries and I wouldn't bother, thing is people hear asbestos and go into a panic when they don't have to

You could eat a bag of asbestos fibres and be OK (apart from possibly making your sh1t itch).

The problem comes if you breathe it in.