Is this angle bead suitable for skimming...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

trowelhead

This is my first post on this forum :)

Was wondering if this angle bead is suitable for 3-4mm of plaster skimming? Are the wings a little too short?

I'm in France and it's the only type of bead that I can get locally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

well it's a angle bead would be used for rendering . If needs must you will need to put skim on a bit thicker . Just make sure your bead is well tight to surface your skimming onto.

thats looks like a render bead (they are expensive to 6-7 euros in brico depot)

i have not seen any skim beads in france ---

-i bring from uk..

pic below of what you need.......

Hello TrowelHead

Welcome to the forum

Like the others have said it looks to me its a render bead

Danny

Its render bead mate not good enough for skim, look a bit further a field for plastic bead for skimming it is available

Thanks for the replies everyone, it's much appreciated.

I can't find anywhere that does deliveries to France online, I only need 10m which is about 4 x 250mm lengths.

Is this one suitable? I've looked but not sure it's suitable for 4mm of skim :-/
Cornière d'angle métal 2,5m - PLACO - Plâtre Isolation - Distributeur de matériaux de construction - Point.P
I think it's the same as this one, it says "actual thickness = 2mm"
Cornière d'Angle Métal / Accessoires de finition / Bandes et accessoires de finition pour plaques de plâtre / Finitions / Fiches produits / Produits / Accueil - Placo

Cheers!

thats a rough bead mate, when i worked in france i had to take all my own stuff over. no finish at all just that white one coat shite.

if you do have to use it,just build it out with skim 1st,skim your alternates,then skim ya window/angle walls

I've just bought a sponge float after reading lots of good stuff on it. Looking forward to giving it a try, especially since the plaster I'm using - Lutece 2000L - goes off pretty quickly before you get a chance to flatten it properly. My weapon so far has been the spray bottle.

You can get skim beads from Brico Depot about €2.40

Corniere-d-Angle-Metal 2.5m

Bit pricey but if needs must.

Status
Not open for further replies.