Is Cavity wall insulation a big problem?

Members online

Seedo86

Has no one else had a comeback on a render you have done on a cavity filled house? We have had one and it was put down to the cavity being filled with the lagging type being wet inside. Anyway we are pricing regularly and every other house we come across has had the shite pumped in. Some of the existing renders we see are f**ked . Some of them are done recently and as always they blame whoever rendered it. Most say they have damp inside. I spoke to a guy at eco rend who said it’s a problem.

Has no one else had a comeback on a render you have done on a cavity filled house? We have had one and it was put down to the cavity being filled with the lagging type being wet inside. Anyway we are pricing regularly and every other house we come across has had the shite pumped in. Some of the existing renders we see are f**ked . Some of them are done recently and as always they blame whoever rendered it. Most say they have damp inside. I spoke to a guy at eco rend who said it’s a problem.
@ChrispyUK @Casper @Stevieo what you guys saying on this one?

Go to bed
April 15 Animation GIF by Sappy Seals

I have recently worked on a large bungalow. They had the walls drilled on the interior and the insulation pumped out. I was told that after about 15 years the insulation had all slumped to the lower third of the walls. They replaced the insulation with the polystyrene ball type. Then had the property reskimmed.

I have recently worked on a large bungalow. They had the walls drilled on the interior and the insulation pumped out. I was told that after about 15 years the insulation had all slumped to the lower third of the walls. They replaced the insulation with the polystyrene ball type. Then had the property reskimmed.
The polystyrene ball type is what I was talking about

CowboyHas no one else had a comeback on a render you have done on a cavity filled house? We have had one and it was put down to the cavity being filled with the lagging type being wet inside. Anyway we are pricing regularly and every other house we come across has had the shite pumped in. Some of the existing renders we see are f**ked . Some of them are done recently and as always they blame whoever rendered it. Most say they have damp inside. I spoke to a guy at eco rend who said it’s a problem.
Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey