Internal Corner Trowells

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got the second one and its ok. All the other ones I bought were greater than 90degs so wouldnt fit into the corners! Dont know what that was about. Its not very comfy but it does the job for me but I am lookin out for one with a long handle like the first ones.

Whats the best one to get for working wet edges? Marshalltown or Refina?

Neither, all corner trowels are shlt :)

first ones ok once used for a while .refina s two and a half inch is quite handy it fit s dead snug .the metal is a thicker gauge tho so wont flex like mt

dont use the first type they are s**t. but like nisus said unless i've got s**t loads of wet angles on the go ill just do it with my trowel. and even then i only use it once after i've second coated

Best way to do em is to put a bit of gear on your corner trowel then run it down the edge after your second coat. Dont use em dry.

thats why its called an internal angle trowel use it like your meant to your trowel dont go near the angles

Bruce Willis said:
Ive got the second one and its ok. All the other ones I bought were greater than 90degs so wouldnt fit into the corners! Dont know what that was about.

Its for tapeing

Have any of you had to make any adjustments to your internal trowel?

Ive been using one for a while now but i cant always get a great finish.

I get a nice angle but it seems to create a kind of tapered edge effect to it, if you get what i mean.

I've got the first one, does a fab job, same as everyone else as the gear tightens up the angle gets sharper, you need to make sure it's broken in, a bit of practise and you'll wonder how you managed without one!

islandview said:
Have any of you had to make any adjustments to your internal trowel?

Ive been using one for a while now but i cant always get a great finish.

I get a nice angle but it seems to create a kind of tapered edge effect to it, if you get what i mean.
i think we all get it to a certain extent its why lads dont like them, ive seen lads bending the wings in door linings and cutting the edges off but sometimes it makes it worse...........keep them clean and just use them

the ones over 90degrees are for taping. u can them at 90degrees also. always used to use the solid ones but prefere the flexy ones now

Status
Not open for further replies.