Insulating a concrete garage

There will be no end of cheap cladding on eBay in the next week or so, pleasing to the eye as well

IMG_1463.JPG
Should have known it wouldn't be a straight forward answer on here, c**ts.

Not mine, my mate, if it was mine I'd say it was. His bird is a fitness instructor (mine ain't) and she's wanting to to pt classes in it. Small budget as usual and needs maximum space. I'm giving him a hand with it as he fitted my veluxs for free so fairs fair.

View attachment 18447 Should have known it wouldn't be a straight forward answer on here, c**ts.

Not mine, my mate, if it was mine I'd say it was. His bird is a fitness instructor (mine ain't) and she's wanting to to pt classes in it. Small budget as usual and needs maximum space. I'm giving him a hand with it as he fitted my veluxs for free so fairs fair.
Knock it down and build something sensible is my advice, probably not the one you looking for. If it's a concrete precast modular stuff, you will find fixing anything to it will be down to luck. I seen 2 of them modular garages recently both had same ideas like your mate, i walked from both. In fact I have the very same garage, leaks like a sieve

Cmon stu!!!!
You've built a soundproof wankroom?

Now your asking for advice on a warm orgy den:rayos:...

For a friend............. Dirty b*****d :bananas:

Cmon stu!!!!
You've built a soundproof wankroom?

Now your asking for advice on a warm orgy den:rayos:...

For a friend............. Dirty b*****d :bananas:
As I said before, wank room had issues, main one being if she can't hear you then you can't hear her so any minute you expect her to burst in. At least before you would hear the steps coming downstairs and you could remove all evidence.

Floating floor if the slab good.
Polythene, stud, infill with cheap jablite, Mr caberboard on top

Concrete garages are bad for condensation under normal circumstances. So with voids/cavities behind the insulation and people sweating/breathing hard it's going to be dripping and any metal in there going rusty as you watch.

You'll need to vent the cavities and a 60 l/min 6" extractor as a minimum, with a similar sized opening to allow air in. That will reduce the effectiveness of the insulation somewhat, but better that than the alternative.

If he is working out hard enough he will not feel the cold plus it is a proven fact that training in a cold environment helps to burn more fat as the body needs to use more fuel to keep warm.

It's his missis that's going to do personal training in it. Just going to batton, insulate and plasterboard it. If he's no wanting to spend cash on it he'll regret it in future

Not worth spending loads on pre fab
Floor would be a pita

Could just batten walls /ceiling membrane then
Pvc cladding., 3 plank they do wood look one looks better . would not pb &skim

Spray foam insulation works well in these, I know a few who have done it to stop condensation wrecking stored bikes and cars. You can buy diy kits on line

What would you recommend on the floor. Says he can't lose much height as ceiling is low and putting a running machine in.
Lay the Kingspan down on the floor and chipboard flooring over the top, then maybe look into electric heaters or some kind of fan heaters.

Spray foam insulation works well in these, I know a few who have done it to stop condensation wrecking stored bikes and cars. You can buy diy kits on line
We had a property till recently where the roof was partially done with it, was a nightmare, slates were leaking, but instead of flooding the loft, the water was travelling down in the rafters rotting them away and making the parapet wall sopping wet

We had a property till recently where the roof was partially done with it, was a nightmare, slates were leaking, but instead of flooding the loft, the water was travelling down in the rafters rotting them away and making the parapet wall sopping wet
Yeh it's a killer on properties I would steer clear.