Installoo® Plastering stilts - Plasterers 1 Stop Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your views and think they are fair. But, have you tried these specific stilts?
The design maybe similar to other types yes, but the difference in spec could and does make a large difference

Just because someone has changed the design it doesn't automatically means it's the best thing.
Fair enough you have made a trowel that looks exactly like another trowel but dressed it up and marketed well but save it mate, these are exactly the same as the cheap ones. They may bulk out your shop and website but they are not gonna revolutionise the stilt market.

Hes 6ft 5
I am 5ft 5 got to be better than getting my mrs to help me
image.jpg

Fair enough you have made a trowel that looks exactly like another trowel but dressed it up and marketed well but save it mate, these are exactly the same as the cheap ones. They may bulk out your shop and website but they are not gonna revolutionise the stilt market.

I agree mate, it's just another string to our bow which we never had. I never stocked stilts and have lots of requests for good pairs.

I thought it would be advisable to get a HQ product from a company which isn't available to the UK market currently which adds to its uniqueness.

Can't see there being much demand for the domestic market tbh, I maybe wrong but they're no good on staircases, sheeted or carpeted floors or rooms with any obstructions in.

Not bad on a clean site, but sites now with h&s, you'd be lucky.

Have taken everyone's advice on board and will re-look at the prices tomorrow.

Thanks to all for their comments good or bad - everything helps

Last edited:
Can't see there being much demand for the domestic market tbh, I maybe wrong but they're no good on staircases, sheeted or carpeted floors or rooms with any obstructions in.

Not bad on a clean site, but sites now with h&s, you'd be lucky.
A lot of my domestic work is new extensions so I use them quite a lot even sheet rooms up and use them, very rare I do a ceiling off ladders. A lot of sites I've been on in the past were ok especially when they were behind :)

I've always used the double sided stilts, They've Great stability being double sided and have had them for easy 10 years and still going strong.

I had the cheaper version ones! At the beginning I kept close to the wall till get used to them . What makes stilts a great stilts is the connection between the different parts and how connects to your lower leg. Mines went for half the price I got them in two weeks time.wide feet don't help to connect with the stilts and to feel the ground.

Don't know what's more shocking the name or the price.

Old design but they work well. I picked up identical looking ones with all black where these are blue at an auction for £50 3 years ago.

There are definitely cheaper ones available. They range in price from £46 up to £328.00

But why are they more expensive?

What is the quality difference?

Is there performance difference?

Is there quality and safety marks with them?

For me personally, I hate being off my own feet, if I have to be another 500mm or 1m up in the air I would want to know the product I'm on is quality and not cheap

There are definitely cheaper ones available. They range in price from £46 up to £328.00

For me personally, I hate being off my own feet, if I have to be another 500mm or 1m up in the air I would want to know the product I'm on is quality and not cheap

Marshalltown are a lot more comfortable! At the end of the day you get what you pay for!

They are also easy to use to. After a few goes on them you kind of forget your wearing them

Them other stilts rub and strain your legs making them uncomfortable to use!

So when you fly do you go easy jet or ethiad?

Morning All,

The post obviously caused quite a stir - I have taken all of your advice and looked into the prices more. After an email to the manufacturer this morning, I have re-adjusted the prices to what seem to be more in keeping with what everyone desires. We continue to compare these to the quality of MT and other leading brands hence the original price point

One thing I will continue to say if the quality of these products is very high end. They have the German quality and safety markings present.

Therefore, I am pleased to now offer these new prices to you all:

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 08.15.20.png

Morning All,

The post obviously caused quite a stir - I have taken all of your advice and looked into the prices more. After an email to the manufacturer this morning, I have re-adjusted the prices to what seem to be more in keeping with what everyone desires. We continue to compare these to the quality of MT and other leading brands hence the original price point

One thing I will continue to say if the quality of these products is very high end. They have the German quality and safety markings present.

View attachment 9319

It doesn't matter where there made mate I could make some in the workshop and just be as good

I see where your coming from, but, thats the same for majority of items people can buy anyway...

Have they been tried an tested by someone that does big gauges?

I've heard of most tools/makes/models but never these stilts? Are they new to the market? Why not stock Marshalltown? Surely you would earn more money and sell out quicker with a brand that's trusted and been around for a long time?

Have they been tried an tested by someone that does big gauges?

I've heard of most tools/makes/models but never these stilts? Are they new to the market? Why not stock Marshalltown? Surely you would earn more money and sell out quicker with a brand that's trusted and been around for a long time?

They certainly have been mate. This is there first time in the UK, the Profi-Line have been used in Germany and Europe for a number of years.

The reason for not stocking MT is a simple one, everyone does them! With this, we are unique being the only ones to offer the product and build a brand up ourselves. Very similar to what we have done with NeLa.

They certainly have been mate. This is there first time in the UK, the Profi-Line have been used in Germany and Europe for a number of years.

The reason for not stocking MT is a simple one, everyone does them! With this, we are unique being the only ones to offer the product and build a brand up ourselves. Very similar to what we have done with NeLa.

Can you not manufacturer you own stilts? Surely you guys make enough money?

Morning All,

View attachment 9319
I honestly don't see any difference between these and the cheap ones at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.