Installing insulated board in window reveal

Members online

markyyyyyy

Hi, i am installing 38mm insulated PIR board onto 9" solid external wall which will tanked and dot and dabbed (very uneven wall so can't batten or use foam adhesive)

How to i go about installing the insulated plasterboard at window and door reveals? Do i have to cut 38mm width off the insulation and butt the insulated board up to this?

cheers

cheers

while i'm on here i've another question if someone doesn't mind!

I've had to replace an area of plasterboard on my ceiling, 1800 x 1200 in size.

Would you use multifinish or easi fill for this?

How would i go about feathering in multifinish into the boards either side?
Would i have to pva over the edges ofthe boards next to the new board?

Hi, i am installing 38mm insulated PIR board onto 9" solid external wall which will tanked and dot and dabbed (very uneven wall so can't batten or use foam adhesive)

How to i go about installing the insulated plasterboard at window and door reveals? Do i have to cut 38mm width off the insulation and butt the insulated board up to this?

cheers

I normally board the reveals first and then board into them without cutting the insulation. Then cut the excess off the reveals.

I normally board the reveals first and then board into them without cutting the insulation. Then cut the excess off the reveals.
Don't understand what you mean? How would it work without cutting the insulation off first?

cheers

while i'm on here i've another question if someone doesn't mind!

I've had to replace an area of plasterboard on my ceiling, 1800 x 1200 in size.

Would you use multifinish or easi fill for this?

How would i go about feathering in multifinish into the boards either side?
Would i have to pva over the edges ofthe boards next to the new board?
How bigs the ceiling? That's a decent size patch, may aswell just skim the whole thing.

If ceiling is huge and don't want to skim it all, score a line 30mm or so around the hole, and chip off all the plaster so you can scrim it and plaster up to the edge.

Also regarding initial post an uneven wall isn't a reason not to Batten it, you just need to pack it out. Dot and dabbing onto tanking is a no, especially with insulated board

Don't understand what you mean? How would it work without cutting the insulation off first?

If your window reveals are say 300mm depth you cut the boards for the reveals 350mm...dab them on...then dab the walls butting upto the reveals and then cut off the excess 50mm, bead and skim. Make sense?

If your window reveals are say 300mm depth you cut the boards for the reveals 350mm...dab them on...then dab the walls butting upto the reveals and then cut off the excess 50mm, bead and skim. Make sense?
Does with standard board but he's on about using insulated board. The insulation will be on show surely?

And Nath is wright you need to sand/cement 4-1 over the tanking before dabbing otherwise you will have condensation issues.
I don't really do much work with tanking but I'm assuming battening isn't the done thing either as you'll be screwing through the tanking, which makes it pointless in the first place?

Does with standard board but he's on about using insulated board. The insulation will be on show

It's foam mate...I just blue grit, and embed render mesh into skim. I mostly use the 27.5mm boards though and the bead covers the foam.

It's foam mate...I just blue grit, and embed render mesh into skim. I mostly use the 27.5mm boards though and the bead covers the foam.
I just don't like it on show ha, like it nicely incased. It's sad, but it's quite satisfying getting a perfect fit!