If plasterings so good....gimme a job.

Members online

No members online now.

CeeVee

Ok f**k this s**t.
I've had enough.
25 years experience. I'll give you two good gauges a day. Clean and tidy. Good with customers. Internal and external.
Gimme a steady job someone if you think its so good.

Ok f**k this s**t.
I've had enough.
25 years experience. I'll give you two good gauges a day. Clean and tidy. Good with customers. Internal and external.
You can have my job sick to death of it

Ok f**k this s**t.
I've had enough.

What's going wrong mate ??

Ok f**k this s**t.
I've had enough.
Mate if you were in Scotland I’d get you a start with me, we’re screaming out for men.

I'm here to make money mate not to get fat with toothache.
Agree
0B2FDB3D-A48C-4BFA-ABCE-9BD30EEEAB1D.jpeg

Just watch me go after this
Rocket fuel to smash it
Hardcore you know the score

I know how you feel!
jobs hard enough but it's the easy bit.
fecking getting the good work, dealing with customers and builders and getting paid can do your head in all right!
Plus feast or a famine all the time, lot to be said for a handy job that you just turn up 9 to 5 each day, pension paid and all holiday pay etc, same money every month going up every year.
oh and being fecking clean and wearing clean clothes :)

What's going wrong mate ??
Everything mate.
I'm busy as fook but jobs are shite, I cant seem to get paid coz everyone wants to go through the bank which means "i'll pay when I can be arsed", all the materials are different now and everything I thought I knew....I don't anymore, and I'm no better off than when I started all those years ago.

Had enough. I want some steads.

Everything mate.
I'm busy as fook but jobs are shite, I cant seem to get paid coz everyone wants to go through the bank which means "i'll pay when I can be arsed", all the materials are different now and everything I thought I knew....I don't anymore, and I'm no better off than when I started all those years ago.

Had enough. I want some steads.

Just as @Gibbo says.....jump onto new build.
Stacks of work around/paid every week/hassle free.

Seriously what I do at times like this is start work later in the morning, tell customers you’ll be there at 10 am and piss off home no later than 3pm
Go through diary and pick out every single one that think I won’t like doing text bomb them off , then start again, any more quotes come in tell them the week after next to view , eat food and definitely have a 30 minutes sit down break to chill at 12.30 ish, end of day have to look after number one

What materials are you struggling with pal? As for payment put on the quote payment on completion and if there is no quote make them aware as soon as you start the job you need paid on completion.

What materials are you struggling with pal? As for payment put on the quote payment on completion and if there is no quote make them aware as soon as you start the job you need paid on completion.
Every customer now seems to say 'yep, leave me your bank details I'll do it tonight' and I'm having to chase EVERY LAST f**k*r.

Materials where do I start?
Stopped mono coz too much can go wrong. As Rigsby says the more perfect the job, the more the tiniest things show up and bite you in the arse.
Skim is just greasy shite. One month its board finish the next its multi.
Even s/c render is doing my head in now after just having a full extension blown.

Been doing this long enough to know my s**t but everything is just....crap.

Just as @Gibbo says.....jump onto new build.
Stacks of work around/paid every week/hassle free.
Last site I worked on a few months ago was £7m dab and skim.
Just couldn't make it pay. Same old thing the corridors were great but the rooms and cubbys dragged.

Every customer now seems to say 'yep, leave me your bank details I'll do it tonight' and I'm having to chase EVERY LAST f**k*r.

Materials where do I start?
Stopped mono coz too much can go wrong. As Rigsby says the more perfect the job, the more the tiniest things show up and bite you in the arse.
Skim is just greasy shite. One month its board finish the next its multi.
Even s/c render is doing my head in now after just having a full extension blown.

Been doing this long enough to know my s**t but everything is just....crap.

Feel your pain mate . Absolutely hate when they say they will pay. This is how it goes :

Leave details i will pay tonight

Check bank later f**k all there.
Check bank in morning f**k all there

Send cringey awkward text and they don’t reply

Absolutely boils my piss.

Also multi finish is absolutely shite again. Even worse since new bags in my opinion. Been trying to ignore it but lost my rag today. Its the same s**t over and over. Too wet to trowel but also too dry fuckng cant explain it. End up having to soak it to get a finish

E
Feel your pain mate . Absolutely hate when they say they will pay. This is how it goes :

Leave details i will pay tonight

Check bank later f**k all there.
Check bank in morning f**k all there

Send cringey awkward text and they don’t reply

Absolutely boils my piss.

Also multi finish is absolutely shite again. Even worse since new bags in my opinion. Been trying to ignore it but lost my rag today. Its the same s**t over and over. Too wet to trowel but also too dry fuckng cant explain it. End up having to soak it to get a finish
Everything you've said 100%

I must say 99.9 percent of clients pay us as soon as we're complete. I've had the odd one messing about ignoring texts but it goes in the bank after a missed phonecall only once in my time I've had to chap a door to ask what was going on (asian family) playing silly buggers.

Agree with mono I try and keep away from that stuff don't rate it at all.

Chin up mate.

That pay thing has been making my blood boil for a while now! Miss the good old days of cash when the job was finished it was there in your hand and sorted.
This run around thing with internet banking is bullshit. Nearly everyone I work for doesn’t put the money through when they said they would and then you’re having to basically beg for money that’s rightfully yours!
I’m tempted to get one of those card payment things but they’re a rip off.

I put on my quote payment on completion and when i'm done they put it in my bank via quick transfer and it's in within 10 minutes or they pay me readies. There's no excuse if you let them know in advance you want paid when you're complete. Maybe I'm lucky but I don't get messers often at all.

I put on my quote payment on completion and on i'm done they put it in my bank via quick transfer and it's in within 10 minutes or they pay me readies. There's no excuse if you let them know in advance you want paid when you're complete.
That what I would have assumed. Or say its a 3 day job,could you not request it on the second day?

I'm genuinely wondering what people have done if they've not been paid? Is there any way to follow it up? Legal action or something?